Do Not Sell My Personal Information

battery

lasthope

hello iam after a new battery for my  2008 tdci 1.6 just abit info what size amps do I need to look for cheers

Could be an 075 or a 100, best to see what's already fitted.

had car 2 years now battery that was on was a 075  60ah but few month back car would not start was down to the cold,i lent my mates battery which was a lot bigger in size it was 80ah now he wanting it back

Not sure what min AH rating you need is. Bear in mind makers fit one for worse case scenario in UK eg. The coldest place, so if you live somewhere with better climate       And you do long runs you might get away with lower AH but CCA is also important. Diesel needs more than petrol due to higher compression ratio and the glow plugs using loads of power

battery I been using on car was on when I got it 2 years back in feb date on battery says 2017 but in the last year when it was getting cold when the warning light came on car it would turn slow

battery is a lion 075 60ah en 520cca  like I said had mates battery but that was a lot longer and was 80amps and never had any probs when it was cold

Subtotal:  £80.99Discount: - £36.45Total (inc VAT): £44.54    Eurocarparts using pat75 discount code (st patricks discount!)

Lion 075 Car battery - 3 Year Guarantee

Lion Performance batteries are able to withstand the pressures of day to day use, and are still excellent value for money. All Lion batteries carry a 3 year guarantee for peace of mind and are created to match original specifications.

• Amp Hours (Ah): 60Ah
  • Cold Crancking Amp (CCA): 500CCA
  • Length: 247mm
  • Width: 175mm
  • Height: 175mm

or

Subtotal:  £90.99Discount: - £40.95Total (inc VAT): £50.04 Eurocarparts using pat75 discount code (st patricks discount!)

Lion 100 Car battery - (70Ah) 3 Year Guarantee

Lion Performance batteries are able to withstand the pressures of day to day use, and are still excellent value for money. All Lion batteries carry a 3 year guarantee for peace of mind and are created to match original specifications.

• Amp Hours (Ah): 70 Ah
  • Cold Cracking Amp (CCA): 620
  • Length: 278mm
  • Width: 175mm
  • Height: 175mm

Don't know if they're any good 

26 minutes ago, isetta said:

Don't know if they're any good 

you get 3yrs guarantee, so if it fails within that 3yrs they will replace free 😉

• Like 1

I am surprised no one has mentioned silver calcium batteries being needed (or is it a myth) for Fords due to the higher charging voltages in the Smart charging systems.

"or is it a myth" , well I do understand the theory of it - but if someone has an old car and need a cheap battery and the battery has 3 yr guarantee and they might sell the car before many years have gone by or scrap it there is a logic in buying the cheap (non-silver calcium) battery

15 hours ago, isetta said:

I am surprised no one has mentioned silver calcium batteries being needed (or is it a myth) for Fords due to the higher charging voltages in the Smart charging systems.

"or is it a myth" , well I do understand the theory of it - but if someone has an old car and need a cheap battery and the battery has 3 yr guarantee and they might sell the car before many years have gone by or scrap it there is a logic in buying the cheap (non-silver calcium) battery. 

The silver-calcium thing isn't a myth but a lot of people will just fit any old battery and wonder why 12 months later it has the CCA of a AA battery.  Each to their own I suppose although a can imagine a warranty claim for a dead battery could be interesting, unless the retailer specifically stated the battery was suitable for a Ford.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:33 PM, andypsp said:

you get 3yrs guarantee, so if it fails within that 3yrs they will replace free 😉

It will fail in the first 3 years.  Lion batteries are complete rubbish tbh…but a dead battery leaving you stranded miles from home in the middle of the night isn't exactly ideal even if you can get another crap one for free.  For peace of mind I'd spend the extra on a better brand, Bosch or Exide if it has to be from ECP.

Go for he biggest/highest spec one you can afford if you're having starting issues.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club