After 10 years of owning my Mk4 Ghia estate and 191000 miles I sadly bid farewell to my trusty steed, apart from consumables I couldn't fault my car.

So I bought a Mk5 zetec econetic estate, slightly smaller than my Mk4 but oh so different with all the electronic wizadry, different suspension set up plus £20 road tax.

Even with a full service history I still put it in for oil and filters change and a health check, brakes were a bit low at 4 & 6 mm which I changed for EBC's, quite strange watching the rear calipers opening electrically, Alloy wheels scrubbed on the inside and getting rid of those balance weights stickys, did notice suspension arms front and rear are aluminium. they got scrubbed aswell, my thinking on all of this is start with a clean sheet, all in all its a learning curve . As all Mondeos very roomy inside, time will tell if my new Mk5(2016) is anywhere near as good as my Mk4 was 

11 hours ago, Meercat said:

After 10 years of owning my Mk4 Ghia estate and 191000 miles I sadly bid farewell to my trusty steed, apart from consumables I couldn't fault my car.

So I bought a Mk5 zetec econetic estate, slightly smaller than my Mk4 but oh so different with all the electronic wizadry, different suspension set up plus £20 road tax.

Even with a full service history I still put it in for oil and filters change and a health check, brakes were a bit low at 4 & 6 mm which I changed for EBC's, quite strange watching the rear calipers opening electrically, Alloy wheels scrubbed on the inside and getting rid of those balance weights stickys, did notice suspension arms front and rear are aluminium. they got scrubbed aswell, my thinking on all of this is start with a clean sheet, all in all its a learning curve . As all Mondeos very roomy inside, time will tell if my new Mk5(2016) is anywhere near as good as my Mk4 was 

They're nowhere near as agile as the MK4 but they're more refined as a trade off.