Do Not Sell My Personal Information

engine malfunction help

spikes travel

hi can anyone help i have a 2013 mondeo 2.0 

ok driving along and my esp light flick on and my engine malfuction can on as well but car seem to go ok but lack power a bit so pulled over turned of ignition turned it on again and it went so carried on using it as im a taxi driver and it happened again turned of ingnition and it went again .

so bought a code reader and this is what it came back with p1169   fuel rail pressure sensor in range but high

so can anyone tell me what do i do now please thanks

clear the DTC and see if it returns (no point hunting for a  one of glitch that happened 2 years ago!)

if its still throwing up that error then its likely the fuel pressure sensor is either faulty or the wiring is damaged.  Your not supposed to replace the pressure sensor on these things unless you replace the whole rail but I did it on the 1.6 TDCI without any issues.

one thing, what OBD reader did you use. some are better than others and they might omit some ford DTCs

• Like 1

Hi mate thanks for the reply so you just changed the sensor I agree with what you said they told me I had to have a new fuel rail £300 it’s a joke really don’t they just screw in here is the code reader I bought autophix OBD2 scanner on amazon 

If you changed the sensor we’re did you get yours from mate 

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the delay. eBay. I think I ended up getting one from a 1.6 HDi of the same age, which is the same engine, I think its only ford that wont let you get the sensor, 

the 2.0 TDCI is built by the same folk PSA

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am having the same issue with a Ford kuga, 2010 2.0 tdci Changed out the fuel rail sensor but it didn't make a difference. Cleared faults and ran again to see what showed up. Fuel rail pressure sensor in range but high. Changed fuel filter, was chatting with 1 mechanic who ways it's a different sensor at the top of the engine. Another reckons it a EGR valve issue. Another thinks its a fuel pump issue but its turning over and sounds well, its only when driven the problem happens, no power, engine management light. 

Please help 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club