Sign in to follow this  
Renek

Ford mondeo 2004 remote key problem

Hi!

My dad has a problem with hes ford mondeo 2004. Car came with 1 master key and 1 remote key, he tried to change the battery of remote key but accidentally broke keys motherboard or something and now the remote isnt working. So my question is that can he buy a new uncut key from ebay let it cut the same as other keys and program it by himself? Alot people are saying that you need 2 remote keys to add another one is it true? 

You can buy replacement circuit boards, swap over and program in yourself easily.
Just make sure not to damage the transponder chip which is located seperately in the fob or the car won't start with that key.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

There is often confusion here. When people refer to programming keys there are two different aspects. One is programming the transponder chip one is programming the remote buttons. Programming transponder (immobiliser) chip is the one where you need two working keys . 

If buying a key on eBay. Be careful to identify what you are buying. A lot of them are just the empty casings for people to refurbish their tatty keys (no circuit board inside)