Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 Fiesta Hazard Switch

Chries
聽Share

Hi,

I have a sticky hazard switch聽in my 2009 Ford Fiesta, going to try some electrical contact spray to see if it sorts it out, but failing that does anyone know how to remove the hazard switch/car lock button? Is it as simple as popping it out?!

thanks in advance 馃檪

Unfortunately not as easy as popping the button out as it's part of the stereo fascia. Tbh if you removed the stereo I don't think it would be any easier for you to get at the button itself. Chances are it's just some dirt stuck down the side of the button. A bit of comp air should blow it out.

This is all you can see from the back of the hazard switch once removed from the fascia. You need to remove those Torz screws on the back of the fascia pictured.

12a2ca18-5c09-4ece-bf65-0bbd667cc2b5.thumb.jpg.954eef421cde5d37e8d10ed38c28299c.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.2ba3e2ab34cae507ac14b05d6629bf8a.jpg

To get that fascia out, you need to remove the screen surround. This just prises up using a trim removal tool (it's very tight in there, don't be afraid to use some force on it. Just don't damage anything lol). Then the piece below the hazard switch prises off. Once you remove all the screws revealed, the fascia should come out. There's the wiring connector on the back to undo (obviously)

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Unfortunately not as easy as popping the button out as it's part of the stereo fascia. Tbh if you removed the stereo I don't think it would be any easier for you to get at the button itself. Chances are it's just some dirt stuck down the side of the button. A bit of comp air should blow it out.

This is all you can see from the back of the hazard switch once removed from the fascia. You need to remove those Torz screws on the back of the fascia pictured.

12a2ca18-5c09-4ece-bf65-0bbd667cc2b5.thumb.jpg.954eef421cde5d37e8d10ed38c28299c.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.2ba3e2ab34cae507ac14b05d6629bf8a.jpg

To get that fascia out, you need to remove the screen surround. This just prises up using a trim removal tool (it's very tight in there, don't be afraid to use some force on it. Just don't damage anything lol). Then the piece below the hazard switch prises off. Once you remove all the screws revealed, the fascia should come out. There's the wiring connector on the back to undo (obviously)

Thank you VERY much for an amazing detailed response, incredibly helpful. Thanks again. 馃榿

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club