Got mk3 mondeo 05 plate turbo arm to electronic box don't move took the arm off the electronic side works before I took it off wouldn't drive all that we'll. And glow plug light was on engine management light on started and took it round the block and lights gone off and power back it flys. My question is wot harm it will do if I keep driving it without putting arm back on

No, it shouldn't hurt. There is a fix of sorts on youtube, using Mr Muscle oven cleaner that might free up your actuator arm without having to strip anything down. It's the Anthony Bennett one where he drills a hole in the end of the turbo to get at the exhaust side of the turbo, not the one where a guy just takes off the air filter pipe.. 

Search for 'Mr Muscle turbo fix' 

this isn't a question for Andy particularly but is for anyone who can answer it.

I assume the arm controls the variable vanes in the turbo - does that sound right?

so would it be stuck with the vane the high pressure position or the low pressure position.

If in the high pressure position then when driving hard will it chuck up the engine light and error code for turbo overboost?

If in low pressure position will it be horrible to drive (lack of turbo boost)?

24 minutes ago, isetta said:

this isn't a question for Andy particularly but is for anyone who can answer it.

I assume the arm controls the variable vanes in the turbo - does that sound right?

so would it be stuck with the vane the high pressure position or the low pressure position.

If in the high pressure position then when driving hard will it chuck up the engine light and error code for turbo overboost?

The vanes tend to get stuck in the open (low pressure) position because that's where they spend most of their time.  They also default to open when you switch the engine off, ready for the next start.  No low end boost, EML & limp mode is the usual issue, the turbo will still eventually hit boost but not until around 3000rpm.

It is possible the get them stuck in the open position if the car is suddenly driven hard after usually being driven sedately, but it's not common.  

2 hours ago, isetta said:

Hi, with the arm disconnected and the error code cleared, the Mondy will no longer  be in limp mode, and for 'normal' driving this seems to be perfectly adequate. I did this 'temporary' fix on someone's commuter car and he never bothered to have the turbo sorted. 

2 hours ago, isetta said: