Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dangerous mondeo powersteering problem

Mickpitts

Today I repaired a 2015 mondeo estate  rear bumper scuffed  on starting it after the repair the power steering failed due to corroded bolts a known problem to ford I decided to look in to  problem and found others with the same problem this is a very dangerous problem that needs sorting ford told the customer because it was not serviced by them it was not covered 

So what has servicing by a ford dealer have any effect on electric rack failing. I would get your customer to have another go. Some Mondeo owners have been sucessfull by being persistent. Ford and DVLA say it's not classed as dangerous as it's only the assistance that is lost and not the steering despite being heavy operation. DVLA state it's not safety related. 

There's a Facebook group currently discussing this issue

• Like 1

The more people that badger them the better.

I've heard of other customers getting fully comped on this; a recall was issued in the states for this problem. 

Anything less than fully comp is unacceptable imo

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club