Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor

magor226

Hi ,

Ive a 2004 Mk1 Focus 1.8 TDCI. Any advice or videos on how to chage the FRP sensor?

Thanks,

Michael

Ive read in the Haynes manual that it shouldnt be removed?

Where abouts is it located?

Officially it shouldn't be removed . Ford don't supply the sensor separately. It's part of the fuel rail spider. But I believe they can be bought separately on eBay 

Just follow an injector pipe to find the sensor

s-l300.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The 1.8TDCi doesn't have a 'rail' as such, it's actually the 'spider' shaped thing on the front of the engine.  The pressure sensor is screwed into that, can't miss it!

Edit - @iantt Beat me to it! :laugh: 

2nd edit - It's probably worth saying that the reason it shouldn't be removed is because it's post fuel filter...any dirt, dust or grit you introduce there will end up in the injector(s) so it's imperative that everything is spotlessly clean around there before removing and refitting. :smile: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great thanks for the replies everyone. 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I'm about to change this fuel pressure sensor too. Any advice do the system need to be bleed with hand pump (same as replacing the diesel filter), or does it bleed itself through injectors because this is after the high pressure pump?

1 hour ago, rawraw22 said:

I'm about to change this fuel pressure sensor too. Any advice do the system need to be bleed with hand pump (same as replacing the diesel filter), or does it bleed itself through injectors because this is after the high pressure pump?

Swap the sensor immediately then start up and run and it shouldn't need bleeding.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club