Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro Fit Sat Nav to Fiesta MK7.5 Help

Leigh12

Hi, I found the below tutorial to be very helpful in explaining what kit you need to upgrade a 2015 fiesta stereo to say nav and how to do it. I currently have it dismantled and upgrade parts ordered, but need some help knowing how to the screen connects. Here is the bit of instruction about the screen:

”Fit the Sat Nav screen, two wires need to be connected from the Sat Nav unit to the radio, this enables the voice guidance.
Screen Pin 6 > Radio pin 4
Screen Pin 12 > Radio pin 5

The black Fakra connector needs to be removed from your radio and connected to the black connector on the Sat Nav.

The fakra adapter connects the pink fakra on the screen to the FM fakra on the radio. The blue fakra is for the GPS antenna“

It’s the first bit I don’t understand - I have the old plug that went on the centre at the back with a load of different coloured wires in it, I presume that just plugs in again to knee screen so What is the pin info relating to?

any help really appreciated. Thanks 

———————original tutorial———————

Retro Fit Sat Nav to Fiesta MK7.5

Description

A full guide how to retrofit and activate the Ford Sat Nav system

You will need:
Sat Nav Screen and plastic surround / holder

GPS Fakra Antenna - a cheap one from eBay will do 

Screen Cover

Female Fakra to Female Fakra

Sat Nav stereo panel with navigation buttons

Forscan extended license

If your car does not have DAB, I bought an antenna like this

To remove the screen surround, place a trim tool / screwdriver under the edge of the panel and work your way around until all the clips pop off.

Remove the screen by unscrewing the 2 T20 screws at either side. To remove the connector, depress the tab and move the lever.

Place a trim tool or screwdriver between the stereo and passenger airbag light to pop off the airbag light panel. There is only 1 clip holding this on in the middle. Be carful not to lose the metal clip if it comes out.

Unscrew the 2 T20 screws and 2 8mm bolts, and give the radio panel a tug, and unplug the connector.

To remove the CD / Radio unit, simply pull, it is on pressure clips.

Fit the Sat Nav screen, two wires need to be connected from the Sat Nav unit to the radio, this enables the voice guidance.

The black Fakra connector needs to be removed from your radio and connected to the black connector on the Sat Nav.

The fakra adapter connects the pink fakra on the screen to the FM fakra on the radio. The blue fakra is for the GPS antenna

Screw the Sat Nav unit down and refit the Radio and front panel, give it a quick test to make sure it all works. Your dials may show in KM, this is normal

Pop the airbag light panel back into place, and push the screen cover on over the screen, ENSURE THE SD CARD IS REMOVED TO PREVENT POTENTIALLY SNAPPING THE CARD

Once the Sat Nav is fully installed and tested, it needs to be activated through Forscan (this changes the dials back from KM to miles)

Open Forscan, go to Central Configuration, change to engineering mode, and change the options below:
Touchscreen - 06. MFD 5
Navigation System - For EU

Apply the settings, this should change the dials back to miles and gallons.

Congratulations! You have a fully working Sat Nav!

That wiring is for the audio nav, if you dont want, you dont need to worry, everything work flawless.

If you want the audio nav, need to strip 2 wires on each side, and add 2 new wires to that pins, the pin number you will see it when you have the connector on hand.

I dont bother to add new wirings, so i dont have audio nav.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know if the Ariel on a non dab 2015 fiesta will work with the sat nav fab unit I am retrofitting?

If I need a dab arial I see the factory fitting was a booster and wire fitted in the boot/rear bumper. On eBay called:

Ford Fiesta MK7 2011 - 2017 DAB Aerial Signal Booster - BA6T-18C847-AB

Looks like this needs power to it and a lead from the unit to it.  Has anyone fitted one and know what parts I would need?

5A240AFB-4FA6-4216-B08F-F5226C77B076.png

If your in the south i wouldnt bother reception is awful , i just use fm if im listning to the news or something...

Ive installed and DAB does not coe up on menu - presume as not arial so yep I won't bother with it.

Success on the voice guidance - I wanted the voice to say directions - so simply removed the screen plug with all the wires - then thanks to another post I found on this forum - I cut the able tie and removed the fastening clip by lifting it on both sides at the movable joins and prised out the connector from the curved housing - you can see which is 6 and 12 on it and then cut them along a bit - put a join in to re-join and coupled in 2 new wires to run down to the stereo unit. All SORTED - works perfectly. If its helps anyone - as above I just left the exiting 2 wires in at the screen and cut them to join in my 2 new ones and rejoin existing - then ran each down to the empty 4 and 5 pins on the radio = big plug of the two. I pushed stripped wire ends into the empty plugs and it makes contact well enough but maybe needs soldering I don't know but it works.

• 2 years later...

Hi all need some help. Have upgraded from Sony DAB radio to the Sony DAB sat nav. Originally had reversing camera which connected to pins 6 and 12 of the fcdim plug. I have removed them so I can add the voice to audio unit but need to connect camera to the Green HSD plug.  Connected camera feed  to pins 1 and 2 in HSD socket but no picture. Screen goes to camera with blocks and lines but no image. 

Any help greatly appriciated

• Like 1

Is the camera an original factory fitted type or is it an after market ?

Its all OEM camera front and rear sensors Dab sony head with 3.5" screen. 

Changed to sat nav version with 5" screen everything else works fine just the camera is black.

Its a 2013 model BTW 63 plate

• Like 1

Great news Ive managed to get camera working Appparently the pins are number 2 for video + and number 4 for video -

All good now 🙂

• Thanks 1

Got another problem now after few minutes of driving the GPS with a line through it comes on in left bottom of screen. Location of vehicle cant be found in status but when driving the maps are off but close to where they should be.ie its a few roads away from where i really am

Would this be a faulty GPS module or more likely cable?

All hardware is used from eBay

Cable is new from eBay

Cheers

• 6 months later...

is the voice guidance for the sat nav to speak to you? also my clocks havent changed back

On 2/9/2020 at 7:07 PM, Leigh12 said:

Hi, I found the below tutorial to be very helpful in explaining what kit you need to upgrade a 2015 fiesta stereo to say nav and how to do it. I currently have it dismantled and upgrade parts ordered, but need some help knowing how to the screen connects. Here is the bit of instruction about the screen:

”Fit the Sat Nav screen, two wires need to be connected from the Sat Nav unit to the radio, this enables the voice guidance.

The fakra adapter connects the pink fakra on the screen to the FM fakra on the radio. The blue fakra is for the GPS antenna“

It’s the first bit I don’t understand - I have the old plug that went on the centre at the back with a load of different coloured wires in it, I presume that just plugs in again to knee screen so What is the pin info relating to?

any help really appreciated. Thanks 

———————original tutorial———————

Retro Fit Sat Nav to Fiesta MK7.5

Description

A full guide how to retrofit and activate the Ford Sat Nav system

You will need:
Sat Nav Screen and plastic surround / holder

GPS Fakra Antenna - a cheap one from eBay will do 

Screen Cover

Female Fakra to Female Fakra

Sat Nav stereo panel with navigation buttons

Forscan extended license

If your car does not have DAB, I bought an antenna like this

To remove the screen surround, place a trim tool / screwdriver under the edge of the panel and work your way around until all the clips pop off.

Remove the screen by unscrewing the 2 T20 screws at either side. To remove the connector, depress the tab and move the lever.

Place a trim tool or screwdriver between the stereo and passenger airbag light to pop off the airbag light panel. There is only 1 clip holding this on in the middle. Be carful not to lose the metal clip if it comes out.

Unscrew the 2 T20 screws and 2 8mm bolts, and give the radio panel a tug, and unplug the connector.

To remove the CD / Radio unit, simply pull, it is on pressure clips.

Fit the Sat Nav screen, two wires need to be connected from the Sat Nav unit to the radio, this enables the voice guidance.

The fakra adapter connects the pink fakra on the screen to the FM fakra on the radio. The blue fakra is for the GPS antenna

Screw the Sat Nav unit down and refit the Radio and front panel, give it a quick test to make sure it all works. Your dials may show in KM, this is normal

Pop the airbag light panel back into place, and push the screen cover on over the screen, ENSURE THE SD CARD IS REMOVED TO PREVENT POTENTIALLY SNAPPING THE CARD

Once the Sat Nav is fully installed and tested, it needs to be activated through Forscan (this changes the dials back from KM to miles)

Open Forscan, go to Central Configuration, change to engineering mode, and change the options below:
Touchscreen - 06. MFD 5
Navigation System - For EU

Apply the settings, this should change the dials back to miles and gallons.

Congratulations! You have a fully working Sat Nav!

hi can anyone tell me the colour of the wires from the screen pins 6 and 12 , I can’t see them without pulling the plug apart and not sure if that can be done.

thanks 

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

The guide by Will seems very comprehensive, but I am very novice! I have been quoted £240 to get this fitted (if I supply all the parts) and was told it’s an absolute pain to code. So, I am wondering if anyone else very novice has done it and can recommend I attempt it? Otherwise it seems quite costly!😬

Cheers!

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

I have a Mk7.5 2015 here, and really want to upgrade from the Sony small screen, to a larger Sat nav version.  Seems you have done, this do you have any photos etc at all?  Im very keen to do this.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club