Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange knocking noise

Bilustunt@gmail.com

Hello everyone I’ve got a focus 1.0 ecoboost 16 plate at 63k. I’ve got a knocking noise coming from the right hand side of the engine on idle only and when I turn the car off the engine shakes and rattles and it goes thru the car it’s very strange, when I start it in the morning it really sounds like a diesel. Anyway the dealer has replaced the dual mass flywheel, and now claims that there is nothing wrong with the vehicle which is not true. I’ve had this problem for about a year and a half now, they don’t seem to be bothered. Any advise ? 

I’m attaching this YouTube video hopefully this is allowed, it features some other focus with the same engine noise, please listen carefully. 

Might be better off doing a video with bonnet open, it seems to sound pretty normal to me as it goes.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update. I took the car to another dealer, left it with them they called me the next morning saying I need a new engine. Long story short I now have a new engine, new dmf +clutch but the problem is still there ? I know it’s strange however, on idle there is a tapping/knocking noise coming from the engine bay, it’s that bad it makes the front seats vibrate you can clearly see it and feel it however when I turn the ac on the vibration on the seats disappear. And the worst bit about it is that when I turn the vehicle off it shaaaakes badly you can feel it throughout the car. Has anybody had similar issues ? Any advice is much appreciated! 

On 6/11/2020 at 1:01 PM, Criot said:

Might be better off doing a video with bonnet open, it seems to sound pretty normal to me as it goes.

Hello there, I took some videos. Here they are;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PQN8SJwMxM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feZvLUMzRjw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlIf4RfHvow

Is it a brand new replacement engine or a second hand one?

I don’t know they didn’t tell me, but it apparently was about 2.5k so I don’t think it’s new 

• 1 year later...

Did you ever get this fixed or figure out what was causing the noise?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club