Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Update 3.3 to 3.4

Hamster

I periodically check for Sync updates on the Ford Website using my VIN. Apart from the occasional Map update nothing really changes.

Until now. The update from 3.3 to 3.4 changes the visual appearance of the screen quite dramatically. It's nice but what a change.

Anyway, there is no going back.

Still no Radio Logo Icons though.

H

Are u saying you got an official update to 3.4 from the Ford website ?

2018+

It was built in March 25/03/19 to be precise.

H

You must be one of the first in Europe to get it then

I'm Just lucky.

Pictures tomorrow if I remember.

H

So it looks like 3.4 is finally being released in Europe ,for some anyway.Hopefully F9 maps will follow.

4 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Hopefully F9 maps will follow.

They released the F9 maps for mine (Late 2016) a month or so ago, but because it's the old APIM file structure, downside is that i'm stuck on v3.0 ... for now!

Here are some pictures. Night View and Day View. I think I like the night view.

IMG_0632.thumb.JPG.5302af960560825c0221509921c400fb.JPGIMG_0631.thumb.JPG.4b73d8086e78a4e8b00dc9b16d3f616c.JPGIMG_0630.thumb.JPG.f6163bf80ca8706e76b1d1487f909d25.JPG

Just checked my Car (VIN number shows late 2017 manufacture) and it says "your Software is already up to date" so no 3.4 for me yet

3 minutes ago, DAVEWILL5 said:

Just checked my Car (VIN number shows late 2017 manufacture) and it says "your Software is already up to date" so no 3.4 for me yet

You won't get it on a 2017 build car.

If you are on Sync 3.0, that's as up to date as it will go.

It would be nice to get the Radio Logo's like on the two Focus' we have.

Interestingly, there was no XML file created at the end of my update but the Ford Site now reports that my software is up to date.

I wonder if it checks itself and notifies the Ford Database as my Sync 3 has always had internet connectivity.

Just now, Hamster said:

Interestingly, there was no XML file created at the end of my update but the Ford Site now reports that my software is up to date.

I wonder if it checks itself and notifies the Ford Database as my Sync 3 has always had internet connectivity.

If you've set it up to connect to your home/work wifi, then when it's parked it will routinely "call home" to Ford servers and notify that way.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

If you've set it up to connect to your home/work wifi, then when it's parked it will routinely "call home" to Ford servers and notify that way.

If you want to do it manually, there is a small package in the Troubleshooting section at the bottom of the Sync Update download page ...

image.thumb.png.b955944135ad1b634d278491cee3f6a6.png

Just pop that on a USB stick and let it run ... it'll put an XML file back on the stick. Note: This is usually included in the normal update packages (not always!!!) and does take a few ignition cycles with the USB left in until it finally runs it!

Thanks but it looks like there is no need to do this now, at least for me.

H

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club