Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Mondeo Business Edition satnav

anh167

Have been doing quite a bit of driving around over the last few weeks, and apart from minor (ish) blips like roundabouts missing on the satnav, and obvious new-build estates not showing either, satnav has performed well. 

That was until today. Taking my daughter to her new uni accommodation, on a well established housing area, satnav just had me in the middle of a grey screen. No roads showing on that part. 

My guessing is that the satnav requires updating. Can this be done on my car, is it worth it or too expensive an option to be viable? 

I think it is referred to as an MCA unit. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 9/7/2020 at 10:59 PM, anh167 said:

Have been doing quite a bit of driving around over the last few weeks, and apart from minor (ish) blips like roundabouts missing on the satnav, and obvious new-build estates not showing either, satnav has performed well. 

That was until today. Taking my daughter to her new uni accommodation, on a well established housing area, satnav just had me in the middle of a grey screen. No roads showing on that part. 

My guessing is that the satnav requires updating. Can this be done on my car, is it worth it or too expensive an option to be viable? 

I think it is referred to as an MCA unit. 

Although there are other suppliers and I haven't used this site, this is the kind of thing you're looking for,  https://www.satnavdirect.com/shop/ford-mca-europe-sd-card-2018-2019-sat-nav-map-update-touchscreen-navigation/

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 4:15 PM, 1979Damian said:

Although there are other suppliers and I haven't used this site, this is the kind of thing you're looking for,  https://www.satnavdirect.com/shop/ford-mca-europe-sd-card-2018-2019-sat-nav-map-update-touchscreen-navigation/

Thank you. New satnav sd card purchased and installed, and on the few journeys I have made, appears to be working OK....... apart from one thing. 

Should the satnav in my car have/use traffic updates to route away from, or warn of delays on route? 

Would appear that when setting destination, I am given 3 route options but once a route is selected, does not change if stuck in traffic. Is the satnav fitted, just a basic unit/version, so better off using my mobile, or just a feature that needs activating please? 

👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, anh167 said:

Thank you. New satnav sd card purchased and installed, and on the few journeys I have made, appears to be working OK....... apart from one thing. 

Should the satnav in my car have/use traffic updates to route away from, or warn of delays on route? 

Would appear that when setting destination, I am given 3 route options but once a route is selected, does not change if stuck in traffic. Is the satnav fitted, just a basic unit/version, so better off using my mobile, or just a feature that needs activating please? 

👍

Good news on getting it working, unfortunately I'm not sure about the live traffic alerts, I'm sure yours "should" have it so maybe it's a setting.  You could try looking on TalkFord as they have a busier Mondeo section than here.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club