Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo mk4 Bluetooth Aux and Usb issue

Jpmeunier

Hello, i'm here because i have an issue with my 2010 mondeo mk4 titanium X, 4 days ago i've tried to update my bluetooth module with usb because my bluetooth streaming audio with my iPhone was popping and crackling, but during the update my car says low battery and shutdown everything and when i've putted ignition on i no longer had Aux bluetooth and usb, these options has disappeared, when i push PHONE sometimes it mutes sometimes the bluetooth menu appear but I CAN'T turn on the function.

I've tried to disconnect the battery and it didn't work, i've also tried to reset factory settings from the autoradio but nothing works.

All others functions of the autoradio works ( i have travelpilot fx) like radio nav maps etc...

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks 

(I'm not an english speaker so sorry for the mistakes haha)

Have you tried the update again yet? Do it with the engine running next time and see what happens.

It doesn't detect usb at all now so i am not able to do the update, im out of solutions...

Ah, good point.

How long did you disconnect the battery for? Would need to leave it at least 30 minutes. Make sure you have the code for ir before you do this.

Also, might be worth trying to disconnect/reconnect the bluetooth module from system. It's mounted above the glovebox so you will need to remove that first (star bit screws and two 10mm bolts in the roof of the glovebox)

I've disconnected it for an hour an nothing happened, now when i press phone sometimes it mutes and sometimes it show me no phone and when i go to settings i can't put bluetooth on, and other things when i press phone i can't have the radio after, the radio button does nothing !

I think the bluetooth module is working electrically but the software inside is totally bugged, should i replace it ? or ford dealer will be able to help me ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

I tested many things and I concluded that every time i push a button which use the bluetooth module, the radio post bug, for example when i press phone the radio doesn't work after, i can't change volume...

But when i disconnect the battery and reconnect and don't touch phone or aux button the radio is good, cd is working too and Nav !

Correct me if im wrong but i think the bluetooth module is bugged and I probably need to replace it

Yes, I agree, it's highly likely that the module is bugged now when considering the loss of power during an update.

Ford would be an expensive option, so I would suggest trying to get hold of a second hand unit, just make sure you get the right one (plenty of info on this and other forums)

Thanks for you reply, it's better to see what bluetooth module i have before replace it no ?

I've tested to charge my phone with usb port and it works so for sure the bluetooth module is working electrically !

I think i have the right conclusion but i'm not sure, i think i will go to a ford dealer for the diagnose to be sure and after i Will replace it 

There is nothing like compatibility between bluetooth module ?for example i can take a module from another ford model ?

I have exactly the same issue, he replaced the module and nothing happened...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club