kviny

intermittent electrical fault

Hello

I have a Ford Mondeo MK IV - 2007 with an interesting fault that has shown up.

When I start the car i will hardly ever get the radio to come on automatically - normally only works on 1 hour mode. every now and then it will start working (normally while driving) and it doesn't keep the time and date settings from the dash

The right hand buttons on the steering wheel (not cruise control but menu buttons) will sometimes work and sometimes not

and finally the most recent is the interment cluster will randomly not work - no lights or gauges at all.

With the self scan on the dash I get the faults as follows:

F00616

90BD13

C40168

i know about 2 of these codes - F00616 & C40168 - as these are EGR valve and Body control module but the last one I cant find any information on.

I know it is not the body control module as that is in the passenger footwell and if I hit the top of the steering column it will change which fault I currently have / fix it all for a short while.

Does anyone know what part inside the steering column connects all these parts???? or what the last code means - 90BD13??????

Thank you

Have you had the binnacle out to check for plug connector  seating?  'Cos I'd start there..... 

No I have not. The binnacle has only just started to play up so I thought it would be somewhere else.

I'll give it a go.

Thank you

Just taken the binnacle out and checked the connection. It all looked ok however I unplugged it and plugged it back in and suddenly everything works.

I will be looking to replace them when I have a chance to make sure I don't get the issue again.

Thank you for your help