Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 - not saving audio settings

WJJ

Hi all,

I have a problem where I set my audio settings (bass, treble, mids & surround) and then when i get back in the car after 10 mins it has all reset. 

I have Googled and found the following thread which seems to have my problem: 

I have done multiple master resets, I have updated the Sync system via Fords website to the latest version this morning. 

Anyone got any other suggestions? Its a pain!

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to double post - but I have now solved this, so wanted to post how on the off chance that this post comes up on Google in the future. 

Try the Sync 3 master reset option first to see if this will resolve the issue. The only downside to this is it removes your bluetooth connections and WiFi connections (but these dont take long to set up again!).

1. Touch "Settings"
  2. Touch "General"
  3. Scroll and press "Master reset" and then agree to the prompt. 
  4. Sync will reset in around 30-60 seconds. 

Perform an "ignition key cycle" to ensure the reset has taken effect:

1. Turn the vehicle or accessory power off
  2. Leave the vehicle and lock the doors
  3. Leave the vehicle for at least 2 minutes to allow the Sync system to fully power down.

Once you have done this, go onto the audio settings, make some changes (I suggest making them major changes, such as turning the bass, treble and mid sliders all the way up or down, so its clear that the settings are being saved - you can tweak them to your liking afterwards). Then repeat the ignition key cycle above.

If you find that the settings have now started saving then congratulations you are done! If (like for me) they are not saving then....

Check your Sync 3 system is up to date.

1. Go to the Ford Sync 3 update website - for the UK this is: https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/
  2. Follow the instructions by entering your VIN number and checking for updates. 
  3. If you have any system updates, carry out the update via USB (map only updates shouldn't be required to fix this issue, so if you only have map updates you don't need to do these).

If you do not have any updates, go straight to the hard reset below.

"Hard reset" your Sync system.

1. Open the bonnet
  2. Disconnect the negative terminal from the battery by using a 10mm socket
  3. Leave the car with the negative disconnected for at least 10 minutes
  4. Connect the terminal again

(You could also pull out the fuse for the infotainment system if you find that the terminal is hard to remove - but I didnt do this so I cant confirm if it works the same way, though would assume it does).

Once you have done this, go onto the audio settings, make some changes (I suggest making them major changes, such as turning the bass, treble and mid sliders all the way up or down, so its clear that the settings are being saved - you can tweak them to your liking afterwards). Then repeat the ignition key cycle above.

After following all of these steps my system is now remembering my settings - but it only happened after following all the above and disconnecting the battery. If it is still not working at this point, I would probably book it in with the dealer, or contact Ford as I dont know what more a user could be expected to do to fix this. 

Apologies for the long post - hopefully it might help someone 🙂

• 2 years later...
On 10/3/2020 at 2:38 PM, WJJ said:

Try the Sync 3 master reset option first to see if this will resolve the issue. The only downside to this is it removes your bluetooth connections and WiFi connections (but these dont take long to set up again!).

1. Touch "Settings"
  2. Touch "General"
  3. Scroll and press "Master reset" and then agree to the prompt. 
  4. Sync will reset in around 30-60 seconds. 

Whilst I understand this is an old post, thank you for posting this!

I had this issue. The issue was present before before and after updating the Sync 3 system so decide to take a look at the other steps. Step 1 worked a treat for me so it was extremely simple! Now the car remembers bass, treble etc settings and saves us having to reach for the volume control (the car would forget that too) when getting into the car everyday. Appreciate the post 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club