Sign in to follow this  
wilto

ABS & traction control lights on

Hi guys, ABS and traction control lights came on yesterday, done some research, and thought I'd start with the easiest, the fuse. Apparently the fuses are located in the engine bay fuse box, fuses 7, 8 and 19 when I opened up the box all I saw in that location was a black square box  and no typical "fuses" I tried to pull it out but couldn't. Any help would be appreciated 👍

P.s. not my fuse box, internet image.

Screenshot_20201008_194655_com.ebay.mobile~2.jpg

Don't think I've ever seen an ABS fault on a Focus from a blown fuse.  Have you got Forscan?

That box is probably a safety device to stop people pulling ABS fuses.

I would check the wheel speed sensors/wiring. A code reader should be able to tell you which one. 

13 hours ago, F0CUE said:

I would check the wheel speed sensors/wiring. A code reader should be able to tell you which one. 

Done a scan with my elm and forscan, and it didn't throw up anything ??

Breaking news...... Got in car today, started engine, lights out, the only thing I noticed that was different was the ABS "clunk" you get after pulling off, happened about 10 seconds earlier than what it used to be. Don't know if that has any significance or not, I'll see if it's ok tomorrow.