Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map/Navigation GPS issue on 2008 Focus

BillDz

Hello,

I recently acquired a 2008 Focus. There was no SD card so I purchased one and inserted it into the slot. But it seems something is wrong, the Map and Navigation screens are saying "No GPS". I'm actually not even sure this car has a GPS antenna. It has only one antenna (see photo), is that for the radio or for GPS or both? 

Any ideas what may be wrong and how to activate the GPS?

Thanks, Bill

focus antenna.jpg

Focus map no gps.jpg

Focus Nav no GPS.jpg

The antenna is incorporated into the base of the aerial. It's a common problem to have water ingress and a failed GPS antenna on the MK2.

Ford stopped making the antenna bases a while ago and now only sell a windscreen mount version (which is quite expensive for what it is). Much easier to get a sub £10 fakra to GPS antenna on eBay and either hide it behind the radio or stick it on the windscreen if you have signal issues.

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

The antenna is incorporated into the base of the aerial. It's a common problem to have water ingress and a failed GPS antenna on the MK2.

Ford stopped making the antenna bases a while ago and now only sell a windscreen mount version (which is quite expensive for what it is). Much easier to get a sub £10 fakra to GPS antenna on ebay and either hide it behind the radio or stick it on the windscreen if you have signal issues.

Thanks much for the reply, I'll try the fakra/gps. How is the radio/nav unit removed for installation of the new antenna?

Just a trim removal tool to prise around the trim surrounding the radio. There's 4 screws that then hold the radio in.

4 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Just a trim removal tool to prise around the trim surrounding the radio. There's 4 screws that then hold the radio in.

Sounds doable, thanks for the info/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club