Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Dashboard Light Staying On All Night!!!

ibz915

Hello

I own a 2009 Ford Focus 1.6tdci and have just installed an aftermarket stereo so that I can play music via bluetooth from my phone. 

I have just now noticed that the dashboard light stays on all night and I am worried this will drain the battery. I am not sure if the dashboard light use to stay on all night before I fitted the new stereo but after researching online, it seems like the light is meant to turn off by itself within 1 hour maximum. 

I am wondering if it's the stereo that is causing this issue and if so, how can I check this and hopefully sort out? Also, will the dashboard light drain the battery if it stays on throughout the night as the last thing I need is a flat battery(?) as I use my car to commute to work every day. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

You need to unplug the original Bluetooth module (behind the glovebox) when fitting an aftermarket head unit. It's a little fiddly to get to the plug but doable. Like you say it will drain the battery if you leave it sat long enough.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club