Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led light upgrade

wallyX88BTY

Hi every one I have a ford mondeo titanium and the lights are pants to say the least. Does any one know of some one how can do an LED light upgrade for me I don't want to tackle taking off the front bumper to do the up grade. So if any one knows a company or person in or around Hartlepool in the northeast I would most grateful.

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

Hi. I admin a Mk5 UK group on Facebook, you will find more answers there and we also have a recommended UK seller for upgraded bulbs.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/693277794183606/?ref=share

Shame, just had a look at link and I guess you need to me a member of FB before seeing anything 😞

11 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Shame, just had a look at link and I guess you need to me a member of FB before seeing anything 😞

Yes mate you do, some people join just to be part of the group to be honest. It's an excellent resource but I appreciate not everyone wants to be on Facebook. If I can ever help you with information on the Mk5 just let me know and if I don't have the answer I will ask the group, u less you want to join of course lol

Cool, thanks for the offer, very kind.

Yes, I'd rather be subjected to watching an episode of 'Strictly come Jiggly', or 'I'm a prat, let me Out of Here', than sign up to FB, or TweetFace, or even Instant Custard. They are all just insidious data mining companies, but I'm an old fashioned guy who values privacy, and totally realise the world has moved on without me 🤣

• Haha 4

If it has projectors I reckon hids are a better option.  They are still filament bulbs so you're not worrying about placing the led just right and all that.

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Cool, thanks for the offer, very kind.

Yes, I'd rather be subjected to watching an episode of 'Strictly come Jiggly', or 'I'm a prat, let me Out of Here', than sign up to FB, or TweetFace, or even Instant Custard. They are all just insidious data mining companies, but I'm an old fashioned guy who values privacy, and totally realise the world has moved on without me 🤣

No music, no TV, no social media...how do you pass the time? :laugh:

• Haha 1

Cool I didn't know that.  But they do they behave the same so you can replace halogen with hid.

• Like 1

Sorry I all so don't use FB so if any one knows of a fitting service or a some one how does fit up grade LEDs I would much appreciate it (Hartlepool or near by thanks for the replys 

25 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Cool I didn't know that.  But they do they behave the same so you can replace halogen with hid.

Problem with HID is you are going to need ballasts and they aren't instant on, you can get quick start ones but they aren't instant like LED. If you use them in high beam then don't flash anyone because it won't even register unless you hold it for a second. 

As above, there is no filament it's a gas discharge. As long as you get the LED chip in the correct orientation you will be fine, and a lot of the newer LED units come with the facility to position the chip where it's needed. 

There is a much better selection of colour temps with HID which is quite nice if you find a particular 'heat' output better for your eyes.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club