Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Focus Mk4 sequential indicator lights


Recommended Posts

Hi,

Has anyone upgraded there Focus Mk4 2019 wing mirror indicators to the sequential indicator lights? Thinking of doing this myself but unsure where to buy them from plus how easy are they to fit ? Do you need to remove the mirror glass or can you pop the casing off without removing the glass...

Thanks...

Link to post
Share on other sites

So can you get to the fasia clips inbetween the mirror and the housing once tilted the mirror or did you do it anothed way ?

Thanks...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2021 at 4:22 PM, martinb14 said:

I have the CEUK ones too: https://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/products/mk4-focus-led-sequential-indicator-unit 

Easy to install - the cap pops off with a bit of leverage without the need to remove the glass. 

Great thanks, 

So can you get to the fasia clips inbetween the mirror and the housing once tilted the mirror or did you do it anothed way ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dave8086 said:

Great thanks, 

So can you get to the fasia clips inbetween the mirror and the housing once tilted the mirror or did you do it anothed way ?

Tilt the mirror all the way down and jam a screwdriver into the clips and it should pop off. A torch can help to see in there better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How easy it to remove the mirror glass without it breaking ?  I have some indicator arrows >>> that fit behind the mirror but so far I've not tried to remove the glass

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, unofix said:

How easy it to remove the mirror glass without it breaking ?  I have some indicator arrows >>> that fit behind the mirror but so far I've not tried to remove the glass

You don't remove the glass it's the plastic cover to access the indicators. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Tilt the mirror all the way down and jam a screwdriver into the clips and it should pop off. A torch can help to see in there better. 

Nice one thanks for the info,

I've ordered the indicators now so I'll give it a go once they've arrived...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, unofix said:

Hi Focue, the indicator arrows >>> that I want to fit go behind the mirror and shine through the glass !! Not sure how but they claim too. I got them from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MZZZSXD?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

 

Love the fitting instructions on these:

"1. Use a flat-blade screwdriver to gently rub the mirror, and then you can take it out.

2. When you're stunned, you can adjust the mirror to the innermost position to make it easier to look at and position."

Thanks for clearing that up then! 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, unofix said:

Hi Focue, the indicator arrows >>> that I want to fit go behind the mirror and shine through the glass !! Not sure how but they claim too. I got them from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MZZZSXD?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

 

If you move the mirror down you will see tabs holding it on you need to move them to get it off the back of the mirror is normally attached like this. Screenshot_20210322_135003.thumb.jpg.ab647b36c6f0902af847be12202a5b6e.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2021 at 12:23 PM, pcaouolte said:

Love the fitting instructions on these:

"1. Use a flat-blade screwdriver to gently rub the mirror, and then you can take it out.

2. When you're stunned, you can adjust the mirror to the innermost position to make it easier to look at and position."

Thanks for clearing that up then! 😄

From the amazon info - Mount/install the LED arrow behind the left/right rear mirror glass, virtually invisible when not in use, but light up super bright when you engage the turning

With that in mind surely number 2 should be - When you're stunned, by bright light coming from wing mirror and you can't see anything, if you crash into back of car in front, it not our fault..... Is that actually legal to have a light shining out of your wing mirrors? 😕

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership