Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk4 Key not detected.

shawty1984

A few problems I'm having at the minute. Got out the car and went to lock it on the door handle using keyless which wouldn't work, so I just locked it with the key fob. Came back and the car wouldn't open with keyless, so had to open with the key fob.

Went to start the car, came up with message, "no key detected". So I followed the manual, lifted the wireless charging mat, put the key fob in the little hollow place for it to go and the car started. Drove for 1 hour 15 mins no problem apart from wireless charging. 

I've fiddled about when I got home, tried the spare key and placed a new battery in the main key and it will never open the car keyless nor will it detect the key unless I put it in that same position it asks you to when the car won't start with keyless. Sometimes after the car has started and I switch off the engine, it states "restart now or key is needed" its random when it states this though. 

A couple of other problems that may or may not be connected. Wireless charging seems to start working then just stops. The mat is in correctly and it's the new style mat so the phone isn't sliding about. A couple of times it started charging, then stopped then started resuming charging when I switched the engine off. 

Also in my Ford pass app, recording my journeys isn't fully working. I went to Scarborough yesterday, it recorded the journey back but not there. The recorded journey wasn't the route I took, it's just a straight line to the destination as in the crow flies. Also when it gives the % of good or harsh speed, braking and cornering, that isn't there for most journeys and if it is there if will just be 100% in one of the categories. 

Do these things sound like they could be connected? It's still under warranty, so I'm going to book it in anyway, just wondered if people had any thoughts on the problems. I wouldn't say it was the battery, stop/start worked yesterday and it's had a few good run outs lately plus it's only 1 year old.

On 8/8/2021 at 2:56 PM, shawty1984 said:

It's still under warranty

Let the dealer sort it out (not that they will).

It's booked into the dealers for the 23rd. 

Out of interest, has anyone got the logging of journeys on the Fordpass App? If so can you check to see what it looks like. Mine sometimes tries to follow the road, but a lot of the time just draws a straight line from a to b. 

my ford app is poor at registering journeys, so just gave up with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently was a bad BCM update. All fixed now (other than some issues with Ford Pass Journeys still). It had its first year service at lookers in July and I believe they applied an update then that was outstanding on the car, is it possible they have done the wrong one? Issues started happening not long after the service, though not right after the service

On a separate note, has anyone got any experience of buying touch up pens or genuine Ford touch up pens. I'm looking for Orange Fury to touch up some stone chips but finding it difficult to find any Ford genuine ones. 

14 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

buying touch up pens or genuine Ford touch up pens. I'm looking for Orange Fury to touch up some stone chips but finding it difficult to find any Ford genuine ones. 

Any Ford main dealers 'parts department' will be able to supply genuine Ford touch-up. Just remember Ford don't make paint so it might well have the paint manufactures name on the paint.

• Thanks 1