Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Direct Car Service Interval

FezMan

Hi all,

Wondering if anybody has any experience with a car bought as a Ford Direct and their service intervals?

Ive had it a year in the next week or so, 19 plate. 

They keep emailing me saying my service may be due, but i'm sure it is every 2 years or 18,000 miles (i've only done 2000 in the last year thanks to lockdown..!)

Any ideas before I call them up to check and they try everything they can to convince me it needs a service when it doesn't?

Had a couple of Ford Direct cars and normal service intervals still apply. Generally they're too new to have needed a service when you buy them,  particularly as current recommended intervals are a maximum of 18,000 or 2 years whichever comes first. So a 19 plate would already be a bit late for its first service.

Sorry I mean 2 years from when I bought it, the car is March 19, I bought September 20 and im pretty sure they gave it a service then with it being Ford Direct, even though it was less than 2 years at the time, so the next service would be 2 years from when I bought or 18,000miles?

Ill play safe I think and give them a call😅

Oh I understand now haha.

I would guess that they would only do what was required according to the service intervals.

I think best to give them a call and see if they can tell you if it was done from the digital service record.

Either way, I'm not sure I would be entirely comfortable with a 2 year interval between services and would probably get it done anyway if it was me.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, FezMan said:

Sorry I mean 2 years from when I bought it, the car is March 19, I bought September 20 and im pretty sure they gave it a service then with it being Ford Direct, even though it was less than 2 years at the time, so the next service would be 2 years from when I bought or 18,000miles?

Ill play safe I think and give them a call😅

They'd normally only do it if sold when very close to a scheduled service, so best to check:

FORD DIRECT: VEHICLE SERVICING

If the car you are purchasing with Ford Direct is within 1,000 miles (or two months) of its service due date, we’ll service it before delivering it to your Dealership.

Mk4's have an oil life indicator . Its in Settings->Information->Oil Life , it should  give you an estimate of time & miles left to required oil change/service. Im pretty sure that when you get close to either limt it puts up a warning.

• Like 1

Our car was bought January 2021 but serviced October 2020... I called and they say next service due January 2023..but to get the AA breakdown I'll have a convenience check January 2022...

So I rang the trust ford where I bought the car from today and the lady on the phone could see it had been serviced last September (stamp in my logbook to show this also) and was almost certain its 2 years from then or after 18k miles.

She wasn't 100% though so put me through to another department where the call cut off as soon as it hit 5pm... Left a voicemail to give me a call back so hopefully they do.

I rang my local Stoneacre to begin with who straight away just said 'Yes it needs a service its about £245' ... As expected 😂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club