Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade bulbs

hiace_drifter

Hi folks. I need to replace one of the headlight bulbs (dipped) on my 14 plate focus estate. Is there any benefit to upgrading them at this point, or are bog standard bulbs good enough. Please link to any recommended bulbs as it's a bit of a minefield out there!

The thing about 'upgrading' bulbs, is that you will inevitably be left disappointed. The shiny graphic on their adverts, and packaging promise much, but it really is difficult to see difference over 'standard'. Having said that I upgraded mine a while back to Philips Xtreme vision - posting on a forum like this you'll get loads of opinions, kinda like asking what the best tire for my car, everyone will differ...

bulbs.thumb.jpg.44ca83ce1e8e057ecc7524fcdec915e4.jpg

1 minute ago, DaveT70 said:

Osram nightbreakers are good

See?? LOL 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

See?? LOL 🤣

Only because I have them on mine.

I bought the Philips ones years ago for my Fiesta ST and they only lasted 6 months

1 minute ago, DaveT70 said:

Only because I have them on mine.

I bought the Philips ones years ago for my Fiesta ST and they only lasted 6 months

Aahhh, that settles it then, Philips are rubbish 😁

Had a set of Phillips H7s in the Golf since summer 2018...no idea what you did to yours! :tongue:  I went through no end of Nightbreakers in 306s.

• Like 1

My last focus (59 plate) seemed to go through no end of bulbs ... I hope the 14 plate is better!

3 minutes ago, hiace_drifter said:

... I might just get halfords own for now! 🙂

Now, if you join the forum as a supporter, you could use your Halfords 15% discount card LOL

Just now, StephenFord said:

Now, if you join the forum as a supporter, you could use your Halfords 15% discount card LOL

I'd feel like a fraud ... the only time i upgraded/tuned my ford was when i put a new air freshener in 🙂

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club