Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2009 Bluetooth help

Beaver182

Evening all I have a 2009 Ford Focus titanium witch is fitted with hand free bluetooth and Sony dab, with aux and usb in the centre consule with what I think is a I pod holder , 

what I would like to know is how I can Stream bluetooth music or get my iPhone to work tho the usb as I think they use to run a y cable thanks Peter 

Just now, Beaver182 said:

Evening all I have a 2009 Ford Focus titanium witch is fitted with hand free Bluetooth and Sony dab, with aux and usb in the centre consule with what I think is a I pod holder , 

what I would like to know is how I can Stream Bluetooth music or get my iPhone to work tho the usb as I think they use to run a y cable thanks Peter 

Install the latest (November 2012) Ford Audio Update from a USB drive.

Depending on the module part number this will activate/improve bluetooth Audio and no longer requires a Y-cable for Ipods/Iphones.

Be aware that even after performing the update the system is still almost 10 Years old and must be considered to be outdated. The list of devices that are officially supported is short and only contains old devices. Compatibility issues with modern devices are quite common.

• Like 1

Thanks I have tried to up date it but,

the up date was running  over a hour so had to turn it off not to sure why it wouldn't work my be the zip file or the memory stick I'm going to find my bluetooth module make sure it's the right one 

18 hours ago, Beaver182 said:

Numbers  of my Bluetooth unit is 

8m5t-19c112-ah

bluetooth with usb unit 

8m5t-19c112-Ar I've now brought this in hope it works 

Part number 8M5T-19C112-AR is technically 100% identical to part number 8M5T-19C112-AH. The only difference between these modules is the software.

After the November 2012 Ford Audio update is performed all 8M5T-19C112-A* modules are 100% identical.

3 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Part number 8M5T-19C112-AR is technically 100% identical to part number 8M5T-19C112-AH. The only difference between these modules is the software.

After the November 2012 Ford Audio update is performed all 8M5T-19C112-A* modules are 100% identical.

3 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Why do you think it won't up date if I start the up date it just continues to run could it be something to do with way I down load it or the memory stick I'm useing do appreciate your help 

E5B6B2FC-D40A-47F4-B617-B160A2FA72DD.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Beaver182 said:

Why do you think it won't up date if I start the up date it just continues to run could it be something to do with way I down load it or the memory stick I'm useing do appreciate your help 

E5B6B2FC-D40A-47F4-B617-B160A2FA72DD.jpeg

How long did you wait?

The update can take up to 30 Minutes.

Was running over a hour and didn't work try 3 times thought it mite be the up date I got or I downloaded it wrong 

Even tried usb 2.0 stick, format to full fat 32 still half hour in and still updating should the head unit make a noise when doing up dates mine buzz's starting to Think it's not going to happen so mite have to buy something else to bluetooth music across  

Since Ford stopped the support for this system in 2012 the update is no longer available from official sources. Many of the Ford Audio Update files that can be downloaded from 3rd party websites are modified versions that only contain 1 language (For example German or French). First you have to check which files are included in the update you downloaded. For an English module you need the following files:

8M5T-14D511-AV.bvc
8M5T-14D511-AV.vbf

You only need to put these files on a FAT32 formatted USB drive. All other files are for different languages. Back in the days the Ford Audio Update did not work on many Sony audio systems. A known solution (for an English module) was to remove all files from the USB drive except the 2 files mentioned above.

If this does not work you have to consider that part number 8M5T-19C112-AH is a very early module of this type. Through time Ford released several versions of the Ford Audio Update (October 2011, April 2012 and November 2012 were available to the public). On such an early module it might be necessary to perform an earlier update first before performing the final November 2012 update. 

I have the other module coming to try , if I sent you the 21 zip files could you tell me witch ones I only need thanks Pete 

8M5T-14D511-AV.bvc
8M5T-14D511-AV.vbf
Or do I just need to put these two on the usb with the new module thanks Pete 

5 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Since Ford stopped the support for this system in 2012 the update is no longer available from official sources. Many of the Ford Audio Update files that can be downloaded from 3rd party websites are modified versions that only contain 1 language (For example German or French). First you have to check which files are included in the update you downloaded. For an English module you need the following files:

8M5T-14D511-AV.bvc
8M5T-14D511-AV.vbf

You only need to put these files on a FAT32 formatted USB drive. All other files are for different languages. Back in the days the Ford Audio Update did not work on many Sony audio systems. A known solution (for an English module) was to remove all files from the USB drive except the 2 files mentioned above.

If this does not work you have to consider that part number 8M5T-19C112-AH is a very early module of this type. Through time Ford released several versions of the Ford Audio Update (October 2011, April 2012 and November 2012 were available to the public). On such an early module it might be necessary to perform an earlier update first before performing the final November 2012 update. 

I did what you said and it worked you made my day usb now plays my I phone , 

only issue I have is bluetooth music from my phone plays comes up on the head unit but no volume 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club