Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AndyMc67

Hello..Picking up 2016 Edge Titanium on Saturday..Cant wait..Im in Manchester..Any Edge owners nearby?

15 hours ago, AndyMc67 said:

I'm in Manchester. Any Edge owners nearby?

North or South?

20 minutes ago, AndyMc67 said:

South

I'm not far at all from the Southern edge of Greater Manchester! Welcome to the Forum Andy.

6 hours ago, simonb65 said:

I'm not far at all from the Southern edge of Greater Manchester! Welcome to the Forum Andy.

Cheers...Gutted.Car dealer rang today and said car wont be ready for Saturday..Will be a week Saturday now as Windscreen Replacement wont be done till then..

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 7:58 PM, AndyMc67 said:

Cheers...Gutted.Car dealer rang today and said car wont be ready for Saturday..Will be a week Saturday now as Windscreen Replacement wont be done till then..

Gutted...Meant to be picking car up today..Garage rang earlier to say Windscreen Company havent got Windscreen...Will be delivered next week, coming from Ford Cologne.....

Surprise Surprise...No Windscreen...Dealer said can take the car and bring it back when Windscreen turns up....Help..Dont know what to do

How bad is the windscreen? Mines had a small crack in it for 3 years (passed 2 MOT's with it), it's not getting any worse, doesn't affect visability or the heated screen. Can't be bothered waiting or the hassle to replace it. I'd just get it and let them call you when the new screen turns up, then let them swap it out. Get that in writing off them if you do pick it up though.

Damaged windscreen…… any other ‘damage’ they haven’t told you about? 

buyer beware…..

20 hours ago, simonb65 said:

How bad is the windscreen? Mines had a small crack in it for 3 years (passed 2 MOT's with it), it's not getting any worse, doesn't affect visability or the heated screen. Can't be bothered waiting or the hassle to replace it. I'd just get it and let them call you when the new screen turns up, then let them swap it out. Get that in writing off them if you do pick it up though.

Got a chip little bit bigger than £1 coin.. Passenger side under window wipe area...Not in field of vision..

11 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

Damaged windscreen…… any other ‘damage’ they haven’t told you about? 

buyer beware…..

I didnt notice anything...

Theyve found a  Company that might ne able to get a screen for Wednesday..Wont know until Monday...Fingers crossed.... Costing over £1000 ..

43 minutes ago, AndyMc67 said:

Costing over £1000

£100 through Autoglass!

12 hours ago, simonb65 said:

£100 through Autoglass!

Ive looked on Autoglass and its £1300

1 minute ago, AndyMc67 said:

Ive looked on Autoglass and its £1300

Correct that..£1189.

On 12/5/2021 at 8:57 AM, AndyMc67 said:

Correct that..£1189.

Who do you have insurance with? You only pay the £100 excess on windscreens .. regardless of the actual cost of the windscreen!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, simonb65 said:

Who do you have insurance with? You only pay the £100 excess on windscreens .. regardless of the actual cost of the windscreen!

My excess on any new glass (including the panoramic roof I recently had replaced) was only £70. I guess it depends on the insurance company.

In Andy's case, as his purchase isn't yet completed I would expect the dealer to cover the cost of replacement.  

9 hours ago, Pete Terry said:

In Andy's case, as his purchase isn't yet completed I would expect the dealer to cover the cost of replacement. 

Totally agree.

I meant £1189 to buy it...The dealer has said about paying for it but are still trying to go through old owners insurance because he put claim in before selling it.....Assistant Manager rang yesterday to say theyve ordered one and will be delivered within next 4 working days ..i.e. by monday....

Good News....Windscreen replaced  picking the car up on Saturday...Cant wait..

• Like 3

Cant wait for tomorrow..I'll be like a kid in a sweet shop !!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club