Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gearbox oil leakage?!

CharlesMax

Hi guys!

Today I saw an oil stain on the floor, brown, on the side of the gearbox. I have disassembled the air filter, and underneath it is all dry. I have lifted the car and the whole box underneath and even the central engine support are wet in oil. I suspect that the leak is in this box, here in front, under this cover, and that it wets everything backwards when driving... what do you think it is? Can it be changed from the outside, or must have to disassemble and open the gearbox?

Thanks in advance!!!

IMG_20220319_153445.jpg

IMG_20220319_154933.jpg

IMG_20220319_153307.jpg

IMG_20220319_154228.jpg

IMG_20220319_154217.jpg

Hi,

This has been a common leakage area on the IB5 gearbox for a long time.  It's usually the selector seal that's failed.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2022 at 11:42 AM, TomsFocus said:

Hi,

This has been a common leakage area on the IB5 gearbox for a long time.  It's usually the selector seal that's failed.

Thankyou, really!!!

I've found another video, it's the same, but this guy remove the plastic house/black box. In any case: hope it helps somebody:

...and I found an interesting website for free, with all the pieces for all cars with references and schematics, in the same way as Ford Etis does. I'm new, and maybe this is known on this forum, but if not, where is the best place to share with everyone?

https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/43/code.5e,1.19852,6.1682/66/1915/16938/73445/#7288

schema.jpg

• Like 1

7zap is well known & used by many of the members on here. :smile:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

7zap is well known & used by many of the members on here. :smile:

oh, well!!! I will be back in two weeks (I only have time on weekends and next I'm bussy) with the result of my repair!

Thank you, really I appreciate your help! 🙂

Charles.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Finally I solved it. Thankyou, @TomsFocus 🙂

I would like to add some notes, maybe they will help other forum members.

1. I recommend removing the black casing. It is only 4 screws. Besides that you will work better and it will allow you to clean everything, in my case it was essential, because the selector screw was a round head Torx40. So it can not be removed as they do in the first video with a wrench (see also video 2).

2. To remove the reverse gear sensor (and be able to refill the oil level) I needed a 22mm flat wrench (I think that in imperial measures are 7/8"). In my normal sets I don't have a wrench that big.

3. The selector screw was really tight. Luckily I had a good T wrench  Torx40 ended. I don't think I would have been able to loosen it with a normal bit.

4. In my case I think the cables were not original. My cables are released by unscrewing the lower plastic half. They were very hard. They work like a bottle stopper, when you screw them in they squeeze the metal bracket against the plastic on top.

5. I found that they were secured with plastic cable ties so they could not slip out of position. I thought this was a very good idea and put new ones in when I put them back.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

IMG-20220402-WA0089.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club