Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK6 Fiesta front windscreen washer not working when button is presed.

CameronReaney

hi all,

just wondering if anyone knows about the front washers on my car im not sure if this is a common problem or even if it is the motor or the button its self.

On 9/27/2022 at 6:46 PM, CameronReaney said:

front washers on my car im not sure if this is a common problem or even if it is the motor or the button its self.

Seems very recently becoming a common problem. It can be one of three possibilities.

(a) The screen wash pump has failed. There will be no water to either the front or rear screens.

(b) The stalk switch is faulty. It can be carefully taken apart and the contacts cleaned.

(c) There is a fault with the Body Control Module (BCM). When the stalk switch is operated it sends the signal to the BCM, which then works out if the pump needs to run clockwise or anti-clockwise depending on which screen needs water.

With a multimeter you can test the wiring and the connections to the BCM to see if it receives signals from the stalk switch.

This may sound like a silly question, but have you checked you have washer fluid in the reservoir 

Front doesn't work but on the back it does? Check cables under bonnet if so. If you can hear an sound when you press  washer button  then your robber cables might be disconnected. I had one from driver side unplugged. If nothing works what unofix said. 

• 1 month later...

Further to this is there any way of accessing the stalk switch without taking out the airbag and removing the steering wheel as per the Haynes manual instructions? Fiesta Zetec 1.2 2016

Would make life much simpler lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club