Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus radio

crazyjosh

Hi all!

Have you ever had the problem with the radio block. My friend can't unlock the radio, but I don't know what to advise him. He has a Ford Focus. How to deal with this problem? What does he need to do? Does he need a radio code and where to find it? 

27 minutes ago, crazyjosh said:

He has a Ford Focus. How to deal with this problem?

What year Focus and what radio does he have ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crazyjosh said:

... He has a Ford Focus. How to deal with this problem? What does he need to do? Does he need a radio code and where to find it? 

I believe from the Mk3 onwards, no code was needed, but a Mk2 certainly needs a 4 digit code to unlock. It is usually found on the inside of the owners manual in his glovebox. If all original documentation has been lost, you could also try and get a sympathetic Ford Dealer, who on production of the car VIN number should be able to obtain the code.  (This will only work if the radio is the original one fitted to the car!). Some will give this minor bit of info free, others will try & charge! There are also various web sites where the code may be obtained, personally, I wouldn't pay a bean to get one so a search should get a 'free' one. @unofixwill likely know a 'free' source.

Once you do get the code, slip the radio out, and write it on the chassis with a big permanent marker for future use!

IMG_20201012_151534.thumb.jpg.05c2a5dbfa7dd6e6617221e65f096088.jpg

• Like 2

If you pull radio out it might have code already written there.  Twice I have found the code already written on the radio when I needed it. I then scratch code on inside of the glove box for ease of reference

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StephenFord said:

I believe from the Mk3 onwards, no code was needed, but a Mk2 certainly needs a 4 digit code to unlock. It is usually found on the inside of the owners manual in his glovebox. If all original documentation has been lost, you could also try and get a sympathetic Ford Dealer, who on production of the car VIN number should be able to obtain the code.  (This will only work if the radio is the original one fitted to the car!). Some will give this minor bit of info free, others will try & charge! There are also various web sites where the code may be obtained, personally, I wouldn't pay a bean to get one so a search should get a 'free' one. @unofixwill likely know a 'free' source.

Once you do get the code, slip the radio out, and write it on the chassis with a big permanent marker for future use!

IMG_20201012_151534.thumb.jpg.05c2a5dbfa7dd6e6617221e65f096088.jpg

Thanks for the answer! I'll tell him to check for the code. Also, today I was looking for solutions to this problem on the net and found this site - https://getmyradiocodes.com/ford-focus-radio-code/ . They promise to decode /unblock the radio. Have you ever used this or a similar service? Does it really work?

3 hours ago, isetta said:

If you pull radio out it might have code already written there.  Twice I have found the code already written on the radio when I needed it. I then scratch code on inside of the glove box for ease of reference

Thank you so much!

8 hours ago, unofix said:

What year Focus and what radio does he have ?

2010, don't know about radio. I'll figure it out!

6 hours ago, crazyjosh said:

Thanks for the answer! I'll tell him to check for the code. Also, today I was looking for solutions to this problem on the net and found this site - https://getmyradiocodes.com/ford-focus-radio-code/ . They promise to decode /unblock the radio. Have you ever used this or a similar service? Does it really work?

Quote from site:

Can I get a free Ford Focus radio code?

Yes, we do offer a free option, if you’re not in a rush and want the code within 24 hours then select the free option and we will email your unlock code within 24 hours. Alternatively, for a small fee we offer instant unlocks, which are displayed on screen instantly after payment.

I'd certainly try it, what have you got to lose??

Once you get code, this is how you enter it...

• Like 2

On 9/30/2022 at 10:46 AM, StephenFord said:

Quote from site:

Can I get a free Ford Focus radio code?

Yes, we do offer a free option, if you’re not in a rush and want the code within 24 hours then select the free option and we will email your unlock code within 24 hours. Alternatively, for a small fee we offer instant unlocks, which are displayed on screen instantly after payment.

I'd certainly try it, what have you got to lose??

Once you get code, this is how you enter it...

Thank you for your comment. They helped my friend and unlocked the radio. If anyone else has the same problem, feel free to contact them.

Thank you for your comment. They helped my friend and unlocked the radio. If anyone else has the same problem, feel free to contact them.
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to update the thread a bit. I was quite interested in the issue with the radio block, although I didn't encounter such a problem personally. Earlier I gave a link to the service for generating codes, but as we found out above, it takes 24 hours to wait there to get the code for free. I surfed the internet and found this website https://www.instant-radio-codes.co.uk . It offers codes absolutely for free. So if someone needs a solution, then you can also use this service.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crazyjosh said:

...I surfed the internet and found this website https://www.instant-radio-codes.co.uk . It offers codes absolutely for free. So if someone needs a solution, then you can also use this service.

I concur, just for fun I entered my own radio serial number, and got the correct unlock PIN instantly!

• Like 2

On 10/25/2022 at 10:41 AM, StephenFord said:

I concur, just for fun I entered my own radio serial number, and got the correct unlock PIN instantly!

great! Thanks for your update! 

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club