Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORScan programming

The Latman

Wee question about bits and pieces you can enable via FORScan.

my Mkv has standard cruise control, however I see the option for advanced is there.  What else is needed for this to work.  I have a titanium 2017, the only optional extra is the park assist.  

As I understand it, the cameras in the light cluster deal with the road signs and the road markings (for lane keeping).  Is that sufficient for the ACC?

I saw somewhere else, someone talking about enabling remote start, what do you need for that to be enabled?

thanks all,

Lat

No, but neither is my wife’s 72 polo that has ACC.

I get different manufacturers may do things differently though.   Do I need an automatic Mondeo before I could enable the ACC via FORScan? (I appreciate that may sound daft to those of you with in-depth knowledge of how this stuff operates)

1 hour ago, unofix said:

is your car an automatic ?

I get it now, for the remote start…

• Like 1

Yes, it has to be automatic for the remote start 👍

It should be possible to upgrade your cruise control. It was something I was going to do with my Focus.

So long as the camera you have fitted behind the mirror is the right type, then all you should need is the new switch pack for the steering wheel. I'm uncertain about the clock spring, but I don't think that would need to be changed.

DaveT70 I think might know more about what is needed.

It should also be possible to turn on auto drive away locking, and Auto High Beam, you might already have both.

I thought ACC needed a radar, not a camera?

Remote start requires the correct remote fob programming to the car, you need to know the Hz rating then activate remote start

You will need the radar for ACC. It is possible to retrofit if you can get the bits, but it is not easy. 

Thanks all.  

I enabled auto lock on drive away as well as fuel history and TPMS display, ACC sounds a bit too complex for me so I think I’ll leave it

1 hour ago, Paulius55 said:

You will need the radar for ACC

I'm not so sure that the radar is needed on all models. The Focus Mk4 started out with a radar behind the lower front grill but by 2019 onwards is now only using a camera.

We need some input from @JW1982 he will know the answer

How do I know if it has the radar.  I know on other cars there’s a wee flat plate on the lower grille, but I’ve not seen that on any Mondeo (to be honest not really paying attention though..)

I can't really answer your question other than to say it would definitely only have a radar fitted "if" it already had Adaptive Cruise Control fitted.

So if your car doesn't already have ACC then it won't have a radar.

Some vehicles don't use radar now but instead have an up rated camera and use Lidar.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 10:16 AM, The Latman said:

Thanks all.  

I enabled auto lock on drive away as well as fuel history and TPMS display, ACC sounds a bit too complex for me so I think I’ll leave it

beware of locking the keys in and you out with auto lock. i enabled auto lock on my 2007 but soon deleted it

On 2/19/2023 at 10:34 AM, Jimpster said:

beware of locking the keys in and you out with auto lock. i enabled auto lock on my 2007 but soon deleted it

Will do, its keyless, so the keys generally stay in my pocket.  I also have the spare in the house, just in case.  Whilst being a field engineer, I have on occasion locked keys in the boots of cars over the years 😄

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club