Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash warning "Child lock malfunction, service required"

Alan G H

Hi everyone, advice required please.

Yesterday, I gave my car (65 plate C-Max 1.6 diesel) a thorough wash off. I didn't start or check anything after I finished, just locked it up and left it where it was.

Tonight, I went to a local shop, and, when I started the car it had the above warning on the dash. When I got to the shop and switched off, the dash warning stayed illuminated while I was in the shop, and stayed on during the drive home. The dash warning stayed on when the car was switched off again at home.

I have checked all the doors are correctly closed, and could see nothing obviously wrong, so I have disconnected the battery for the time being.

Does anyone have any suggestions of things to check in the morning? I am hoping that it's something silly like water has got into a door lock which may dry out on its own, but, knowing my luck, the BCM may have got flooded. Where is the BCM, by the way?

Have you tried simply switching the "child locks" off by pressing the button ?

child locks.JPG

12 hours ago, unofix said:

Have you tried simply switching the "child locks" off by pressing the button ?

Not yet, I only read about this in the owner's manual after I posted last night.

It was raining here, and I wasn't going back out in that.

Will try it this morning. Thanks for your reply.

Just a quick update, this morning, I reconnected the battery and gave it ten minutes or so for everything to reboot.

Thankfully, everything seems to be back to normal. I took the car for a short run & all seems ok.

@unofix Thanks for your reply, it was helpful.

Incidentally, this morning I spotted that the plastic water traps under the bonnet hinges were full of water, so I have cleaned all the old tree leaves out & cleared the drain points as well. Another thing to keep an eye on!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club