Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Is My Egr Valve At The Back

1djspikey

Hi folks :)

I have 2002 mondeo estate ghia 2.0 tdci and i want to clean my EGR valve out and all the other little places as i got my glowplug light flashing when i give my turbo a boost in 3rd gear onwards when the engine is warm and going in to limp mode so i thought i would try cleaning the EGR valve out before spending any money as the car is new to me im pretty good with the spanners but i was just wondering after looking at so many pictures!! why is my EGR valve is at the back righthand side of the engine in stead of the front of the engine like the rest is a hard job to remove and all so ive notice that all the pipes are ok and have got all the orignal ford factory jublie clips on them still the car as done 131,112 miles and as got all the service history

heres a couple of pictures of the engine plus could anyone tell me what euro it is 3 or 4

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

regards spikey :)

Got a problem spikey...none of the links work :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry about that !!

It looks like a vacuum operated EGR and turbo so i guess its a euro 3, the euro 4 i believe is electronic EGR and turbo

It looks like a vacuum operated EGR and turbo so i guess its a euro 3, the euro 4 i believe is electronic EGR and turbo

thanks ;) for that steff i was`nt sure as most of the people on here as got the EGR at the front just under the inlet i was a bit baffled why mine was around the back righthand side :blink:

thanks ;) for that steff i was`nt sure as most of the people on here as got the EGR at the front just under the inlet i was a bit baffled why mine was around the back righthand side :blink:

its new to me aswell, not that ive seen many 2.0tdci engines

• 1 month later...

Hi

did you ever resolve your problem?

My EGR is in the same place as yours.

I guess by now you know that you have an early Euro3 engine and the EGR was at the back unlike all the later models.

I have a running problem that may be caused by the EGR ssyicking and wanted to take it off and check and clean it but as you noted it is very difficult so would be interested to know what you did in the end.

As I read elsewhere this model does have the advantage that because the EGR valve only passes exhaust gasses and not all the air to the inlet manifold as well ,if it gums up completely the car may actually run better !

cheers

heers

Brian

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club