Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Ingress Issue

Grechster

On 26/09/2015 at 6:16 AM, WES180 said:
On 22/09/2015 at 9:27 PM, maxx31 said:

Update re water ingress. Carefully monitored and now found source of incoming water - rear tail light seal had perished / faulty causing boot lid to fill with water and leak into left hand corner of boot and travel underneath car. New part ordered and fitted for £75 at a local independent garage...nice job!

Known areas are the roof rails, rear lights & tailgate hinge mounts. I had a leak in my mk3 Focus and it was the rear quarter air vent behind the back bumper. It wasnt sealed properly so it let the cavity fill with water and when the water reached a certain height in the cavity it spilled over into the boot through a hole.

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2015 at 9:27 PM, maxx31 said:

Hi all

I have just brought a cmax tdci titanium after having a fusion+ for the last two years

what an amazing car .

but ….. theres always a but i too have the same problem as mr rugby with a leaky boot

the odd thing is that parcel shelf is dry the boot carpet is dry but the right side of the boot and the spare tyre hole is wet

so I'm thinking it coming from the tail light and running down in side

has anyone else had this fault ?

cheers

chris

yes having same problem water running down right hand side tail lights and dripping into wheel well been using giant floor cloth to soak up water.

hoping for some dry weather here boy when it rains it buckets down to try and fix this problem

• 5 months later...

After reading all the comments and trying various different things i think ive located the leak in my 08 c max. I lifted the carpet in the passenger footwell and folded it back onto the seat then proped up the piece under the glove box. I sprayed water with my hose on the underside of the car passenger side and discovered water seeping through an oval panelin the footwell,the video wont upload but hopefully the picture will as its hard to describe. Hope this helps anyone else with the problem

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 1/27/2016 at 3:22 PM, Ray68 said:

Hello can you email the photos of your cmax water ingress 

remove the glove box and associated plastic, look up to the left where the bulkhead is sealed and you find a crack in it. This is where the water is entering the car you may even see a water trail / staining.

Remove the wiper arms and scuttle panel ( black plastic piece under the wipers) then look insdie the chamber it has reviled on passeger side, if you look where the A  piller, bulkhead and this chamber meet you will see another load of sealant that will be all cracked, this is where all the rain water is getting in!! 

Clean the sealant off from under the bonnet and reseal, reseal over the top inside the car. Hopefully this will help!! 

I have photos but no idea how to upload load them from a iPhone?

Hello can you email me the photos of the cmax water ingress please ray

• 1 year later...

Hello I have a 2012 ford C'Max water in drivers footwell took everything out including seats left 2days with bad weather no water got in.

So I tuned the car around facing up hill again bad weather flowing day water was in the car again found where it was coming from finally was getting through the drivers door membrane ie the plastic covering behind drivers door card was pein in no more water getting in now and still nice and dry.

i hope this helps some of you out as I no it's a ford thing and alot have this issue

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone

I know this is an old post but I had a similar problem with my drivers side floor pan on my 2004 Cmax TDCI. It was absolutely soaked. After a lot of examination I found it to be a leak from the sunroof.

It has a gutter around it and this has drain pipes that run down the door pillars and into the wheel arch. Mine were blocked and this caused the water to drain into the foot-well. This could happen on either side since there is a pipe in both. I used a packet of nappies stuffed under the carpet to remove as much water as possible.

You might find that it only leaks when the fall is toward the blockage and not the other way around. Also This has caused me some wire corrosion issues which left me with an intermittent no rev/cutting out fault. I needed to clean the connector and ground terminals to sort the problem out. There is much more wiring on the passenger side so if you have this problem you should probably get your obd codes read and possibly inspect the bcm under the glove box for water damage.

Hope this helps someone out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club