Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member After Some Help Please

snyper2k9

Hi. I recently purchased a 51 mondeo diesel estate. My previous car was a saab 95 aero estate and sold it due to the rocketing fuel prices. Going from my saab to the mondeo was quite a shock in more ways than one. Not only was I getting 3 times more milaege out of the ford but it was doing it rather sluggishly. Someone advised me to buy a chip to raise the BHP from 115 to 147 (give or take) so I purchased one which plugs directly into the common rail. This is where I ran into problems. I went to fit it today and could not find the common rail, or anywhere I could plug the chip into.

Any ideas where I would plug the chip into or have I bought the wrong chip. If so can anyone recommend a chip that I can use (assuming I can)

Heres a link to where I purchased it from.

http://www.racechip.de/en/chiptuning/ford/mondeo/3-b4y/2-0-tdci-85kw/index.php

Thanks ever so much

Andrew

Hello

The common rail should be on the front of the engine as you stand infront of the car take engine cover off it is a black round tube with 4 pipes coming off it to the middle of the engine

The engine is one big square if your engine has a slim middle part going down the centre it might be a tddi. Not a tdci if its a tddi you don't have a rail so your chip won't work

Do a google search for tdci image and see if yours is the same

Hope this helps a bit

John

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club