Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery

edaisys

I am experiencing loss of battery power every day when car is parked. Over 2 nights, loss so great that Fiesta Style 2005 1400 diesel will not start. I have had battery checked and also having disconnected it from car find there is no loss whatsoever over one night.

I would be very greatful for any suggestions .

This is my first posting so hope my request will be successsful.

Possibly the alternator not charging that battery?

Thank you very much for your suggestion . The alternator was checked . battery removed from car has held its charge totallty at 1280 for 2 days. Feel there must be a discharging point somewhere. I wondered if anyone else had experienced similar on this model.

Best wishes

Hi mate, I seem to remember some years ago I had a car that didn't appear to have a faulty alternator, but caused it to discharge over night. The problem was correctly diagnosed as the alternator, despite the fact it would charge the battery whilst the engine was running. Just a thought.

Hi mate, I seem to remember some years ago I had a car that didn't appear to have a faulty alternator, but caused it to discharge over night. The problem was correctly diagnosed as the alternator, despite the fact it would charge the battery whilst the engine was running. Just a thought.

Thank you Chas. Much appreciated. I will detach alternator connection over say 2 nights when I am not using car to check any difference in loss.

Best wishes