Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Mondy Auto Stuck In Park After Bump On Front

Elv1978

As title guys, I'm at my whits end with it now, lent my car to my mate and someone hit front end while parked up and drove off :( not serious but now it's stuck in park, My mate panicked as its not his and ragged the shift stick smashing everything inside, I've replaced the full shifter but it still won't come out of park unless I use the emergency yellow lever to free it..

Any ideas or can you point me in the right direction as dealer want my pants down to look at it & I'm an 18yr served mot tester/senior teccy

Regards Elv

First thing to check is your brake lights are functioning, strangely enough the park lock solenoid is connected to the brake light switch.

If the lights are non-functional i'd look into replacing the brake light switch and if no different i'd do the park lock solenoid too.

when this happens it is usually down to the park lock solonoid failing, its powered from the brake lights circuit,this might not be the problem but its a good place to start.

when this happens it is usually down to the park lock solonoid failing, its powered from the brake lights circuit,this might not be the problem but its a good place to start.

Ahem ;)

great minds think alike, but within two minutes :huh:

Shuffling to the mondeo section.