Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MP3 CD Problems (MK7)

sussex

Unfortunately I didn't take the USB option but subsequently found out that the CD player plays MP3's as well as "regular" CD's. So I thought great and made a few MP3 CD's up, the MP3's are from different places and none protected.

A couple of the CD's I've made are fine but most of them skip or jump or just skip track randomly and it's driving me mad because I dont know why! I know this is a car forum not a tech forum! but wondered if anyone else has used MP3 cd's in their mk7 or 6? fiesta?

Anyone got any ideas as to why I am getting problems? I use branded CDR's and burn at the slowest speed to try and avoid problems.

Many thanks!

yeah ive tried it, it works but found it depends on how u make up the mp3 cd, luckily i chose the mp3 option which works a treat, except for playlists that are on me ipod and it seems slow, and take my eyes of the road lol

Go for a slow burn not x8 speed etc, the slower the burn the deeper the etch, see if that helps.

Unfortunately I didn't take the USB option but subsequently found out that the CD player plays MP3's as well as "regular" CD's. So I thought great and made a few MP3 CD's up, the MP3's are from different places and none protected.

A couple of the CD's I've made are fine but most of them skip or jump or just skip track randomly and it's driving me mad because I dont know why! I know this is a car forum not a tech forum! but wondered if anyone else has used MP3 cd's in their mk7 or 6? fiesta?

Anyone got any ideas as to why I am getting problems? I use branded CDR's and burn at the slowest speed to try and avoid problems.

Many thanks!

I' am experiencing the same problem albeit at a lesser degree. I have not come to a solid conclusion on what's causing it. In your case I suggest not to rip directly at the CD, but to your HD first and then write MP3s to CD with a trusted burner ie Nero and the like. Do not use Windows "send to CD" function

I' am experiencing the same problem albeit at a lesser degree. I have not come to a solid conclusion on what's causing it. In your case I suggest not to rip directly at the CD, but to your HD first and then write MP3s to CD with a trusted burner ie Nero and the like. Do not use Windows "send to CD" function

oo ps... I have the same problem on odd occasions, have tried different cd rw some are better than others. In the manual it quotes "due to technical incompatabilities cdr and cdrw may not function correctly" so it looks like those of us who play mp3 cdr will have to live with it, pity I didn't see the manual before I ordered the car, would have ordered the mp3 setup

Dont use cd;s with a blue tint to them...top tip

I wouldn't have bought the Fiesta if it hadn't been able to play MP3s as I got so used to it with my previous car.

Touch wood, I've not had any problems playing any of my tracks but I would agree with Baxev's comments though.

I rip my cds directly to the hard drive of the computer then burn them onto discs--generally I use the cheapest discs I can get--both Tesco and Morrison ones are absolutely fine and cheap as chips.

All the ripping / burning function is done using "Ashampoo" burning studio--personally I don't like the Windows or Nero ones. (there are loads of different ones about)

Recently I bought a USB turntable and tracks are ripped via a stick then burnt onto disc using the same software as above--again no playback problems.

Can't see the point of buying branded discs when these are just as good; having said that I wouldn't buy any old market tat though..............I do have my standards you understand!!! ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club