Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dmb Ford Gel Badge Overlays?

PhillBirkett

Just wondering if any one has used the DMB gel badge overlays on the new Mk 7 facelift fiesta, if so any good?

:D

Loads have used them on the pre facelift and they are pretty good sometimes they need a bit extra adhesive on the big badges to stick them for good but all the others brilliant no problems

i think you'll find a fair amount of members have em lol

i've got the carbon chrome ones on my focus

its worth saying as well that they will do custom text if you request it

for example i've de-badged my car, so i got the rear overlay to say focus instead of ford.

so you could always get the front to say ford n the rear to say fiesta, would look a bit different

2012-12-11134115.jpg

What's the recommendation on a white car?

DMB are excellent :P

yeah they do look pretty sweet on the pre facelift models, defo think i will get myself some of them, that custom idea is quality!

Highly recommended, I too have the carbon fibre chrome ones and they look really good on a black car. I did lose the front one, but the replacement seems to be holding on well, you need to make sure the surfaces are properly clean and you get enough heat on the adhesive.

Make sure you stick some photos up if you decide to go for it :)

What's the recommendation on a white car?

DMB are excellent :P

White & chrome :D

fiestazetecs9a.jpg

I put DMB's on my MK7 and think they look good. Trick I used was to give the original blue car badge a really good clean with an alcohol wipe dry it with a clean cloth and then not only heat up the stickers but also the badge on the car with a hair dryer. Put them on in November and have had no problem with them at all.

IMG_0022_zpsca55c8ac.jpg

I ordered some carbon ones for my silver car which look great, but no point putting them on now with it going soon :P

I put DMB's on my MK7 and think they look good. Trick I used was to give the original blue car badge a really good clean with an alcohol wipe dry it with a clean cloth and then not only heat up the stickers but also the badge on the car with a hair dryer. Put them on in November and have had no problem with them at all.

+1

Used the exact same technique & still looking good after 3+ years & countless washes B)

+2

I just used a sponge and soapy water to give the stock ford badges a quick clean, dried with a tea towel then i heated up the back of the overlays with hair dryer while they was still on the paper, as well as heated up the stock badges. then i stuck on the overlays n applied more heat while smoothing it round with me fingers

all badges are stuck on solid n aint budged

Cheers for all the tips on application, will be getting some pics up next week gone with green writing on the black background! :rolleyes:

So you stick these over the top of the original blue badges ? Are they shaped or curved then ? Or do they simply flex over the existing badge ?

Cheers

• 6 months later...

I have just ordered some for my MK7 facelift and as they were not listed I contacted DMB direct and advised me to order the MK6 Standard ones as they would fit. I have been a bit different though and gone for some AUTOBOT ones with black background and red logo so should look the part on my red Zetec S.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I went in a different route too and purchased the Batman Gel's. I get a lot of looks from passers by, have had a few people take pics and a few tips from customers. :)

• 5 months later...

Bumparoo!

For some stupid reason I want a Set now, but they need to match all round, anyone seen any that Cover both front, Back and the Wheels at all? can't see them on that DMB site? Need black and Red to suit the ST badges?

Anyone comment on the Quality after a few washes, mway treks, Sahara desert excursions on the M25? hopefully they lasted people longer than a few weeks.

Taken from the DMB website

With effect from the end of June 2014, DMB Graphics Ltd will no longer supply any GEL badges which have the FORD script.

This will not affect any of our other GEL badges. This only applies to the Badges that are applied to the Front or Rear of the car and the wheels.

Custom items with other text, other symbols etc... will still be made.

This does NOT affect any other of our licensed products. ONLY the Ford GEL badges.

This decision has been made by Ford Motor Company and not by ourselves at DMB.

Please inform everyone to BUY THEM NOW before they are gone.

UPDATE: As Stock is running down very quickly some items/vehicle models/colours will disappear from the menus. NO custom orders/colours will be made for these items once they are gone from the menu system.

• 4 months later...

Thanks To DMB Graphic For Hooking Me Up With Some Custom Centre Cap Overlays.

post-56233-0-23613400-1407519941_thumb.j

• 5 weeks later...

I want white ford overlay badges for my mk3 zetec s focus...DMB no longer sell them any idea or can someone give me a link to where I can get them? I've googled everywhere!

DMB were officially licensed by Ford to produce them but I believe Ford withdrew the licence earlier this year... there may be stock floating about somewhere, have you tried eBay?

The reason I say that is DMB were at Ford Fair this year, along with a stall next to them with no apparent company name selling overlays

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC