Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2009 Zetec - Blowing Cold Air!

Fantanafest

Hi everyone, recently my heater is blowing cold air and the heat control knob feels like it's trying to "spring" back a little. I've heard that there is a cable behind the panel that can "kink" causing the issue. Can anyone advise how to remove the facia or radio to access behind please?

Thanks.post-40474-0-17145000-1394279552_thumb.j

Use a flat headed screw driver to gently prise between the dash and fascia of the radio there are clips around the edge but be careful not to damage the dash then this should come off and there is 4 star keys holding in the radio hope this helps !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

when you use the driver, just wrap a little rag around the blade so no damage is caused.... my stereo was held in with phillips screws, so they must differ in fixings....

to remove both will/should take you no longer than 5 mins max....

Thanks guys, do I prise the outer rim of the lighter grey facia or is it the small gap around the rounded chrome silver strip surrounding the radio itself?

Prise the outer rim of the lighter grey fascia, I have found that if you have strong fingers, you can just pull the fascia away, without the risk of marking anything by prising with tools. the place to pull with your fingers is at the bottom of the fascia, where it meets the similar coloured area with the heater controlls in it. The gap where the trim meets, is just enough to get a grip with your fingers.

When you have the radio trim and radio out this is what you will see-

post-28494-0-39460200-1394292803_thumb.j

Looking closer you will see the heater control wire coming from behind the dial-

post-28494-0-16482200-1394292809_thumb.j

The small white block on the cable (centre of lower part of the picture to the right of the grey plastic clip) is prised out with a screwdriver and the cable simply unhooks from the plastic pin on the control cam.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club