Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Sony Radio (Help Please)

Richard1973

I have a 2011 Fiesta Titanium. A good few weeks ago,I notice one of the buttons on the radio was still illuminated..... even though the car was locked up.Tonight the whole unit is lit up,but not actually playing. The display screen above is blank.....its just all the buttons that are lit up. It this a fault on the radio,and will it drain my battery.....and worse still set my Toad alarm off during the night ! Any takers......thanks, Richard

This might sound obvious, but have you tried unlocking the car, turning the radio on and then off again, and then locking the car? I sometimes have to turn mine off and on again while driving because the screen sometimes doesn't display anything when I turn it on.

It might even be worth disconnecting the battery so the radio resets, assuming you have the security code to activate it again.

Thanks for the reply.I have tried switching the radio on and off via the head unit....that didn't work.I will look in the morning for the audio code,failing that its going back to polar fords(only had it 11 months)

Thanks for the reply.I have tried switching the radio on and off via the head unit....that didn't work.I will look in the morning for the audio code,failing that its going back to polar fords(only had it 11 months)

There's no radio code so take the negative off the car battery for 10mins.

There's no radio code so take the negative off the car battery for 10mins.

My mistake, I mistook the key code for a radio code (which the MK6 had).