Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Disconnecting Maf Put Eml On

Stu9

On an 03 1.6.....just wondered as I want try it but don't want an eml on

Forgot to say.....will connecting it and after driving a few miles put it off or will it need to go to d.ick Turpin

Not sure on that, but even if the EML goes off, the DTC will still be stored and might cause confusion if you have problem later and the code hasn't been cleared.

To that end I'd recommend getting yourself a code reader. Very handy things to have as you can diagnose problems yourself with none of the cost of getting Ford to do the same.

[edit] Just done some googling around, and it turns out that you're right on the threshold for OBD-II code readers working, or not working. I've had my F-Super (requires laptop) working on a 2001 Focus TDDI, so that may be an option even though it doesn't officially support it.

Anyone else know of any suitable pre-2003 code readers?

Ok cheers....I know, it's dodgy connecting it after that as it might cause confusion, maybe not but maybe

Yea I think I should I try and get a reader but like you say, I'm on the divider year, I'd need to be certain that what I got worked and if not could change it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club