Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Transmission Noise Accelerating On Very Low Focus

Markt8

Hi guys I bought a mk2 focus sport s at auction, now the problem with it is a whine from gearbox area when accelerating, its sort of as if your in reverse. Usually I would instantly think knackered gearbox but this car must be lowered 120mm easy as the front tyres are nearly in the arches, im wondering would this cause the problem with the whining as its perfect otherwise?

Ive attached a pic of how low the car is

Thanks

mark

post-47966-0-65347600-1397593492_thumb.j

well its too low so it may be stressing the driveshaft amoung other things having it put to 40mm drop may yeild the answer but i reckon the damage may be done usually the cars at the auctions in some cases will cost too much to fix and sell so there may be other issues sadly youll need to fix the drop first

Unfortunately I know to well of the risks as I buy a lot from auction as I do a little trading from home, I bought this for myself though as I really liked it but unfortunately the gearbox problem is there, do you know if the gearbox is the same as a mk1 or do I need a mk2 box? Also any ideas as to how low that is? Thanks for your help mate

Mark

Mk2 box though an ib5 its different from the mk1 so mk2 box is needed if its the box from what i can see it looks like 18inch alloys so a steering limiter is needed ide say from the pic its 60mm but hard to say from the picture