Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers Window Playing Funny Buggers Again

Stu9

Yep, it was fine the other day (after trying to find out I had total closure...I don't )

Tonight it's not working at all despite stopping open and closing both front doors with the fob and key, this time it's buggered. The pass one still works fine but that's it, I checked the fuses and they're fine....I still hear the motor or switch clicking when pressed but that's it

Apparently the mk1 suffers from corrosion on the electric motor and it requires a knock to get it moving again.

One of my colleagues has the same problem and just slams the door shut to get it working again.

Otherwise you need to take the door card off and give it the Clarkson fix.

Yeah my colleague was told the fix (other than replacing the motor) is to take the door card off and hitting the motor with a hammer (hence the Clarkson fix, lol). This loosens up the rust deposits and allows it to spin freely again.

To save all the faff of taking the door card off though, my colleague found that just slamming the door when it gets stuck also does the trick.

Ok thanks....mind you, if I slam to hard the glass might shatter, as even shutting it normal it rattles.... Ford "quality"... Brilliant