Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Pedals

DanGull

I've just realised that the Titanium doesn't give the option of fitting alloy pedals - I had specified these when I originally ordered a Zetec S

I have found the pedals no problem, are they easy to fit myself (technically challenged fellow...) or should I ask the dealer to do it?

Also, thoughts on scuff plates, should I get a set of these or not?

Scuff plates - yes - easy to fit

Alloy pedals - yes - easy to fit

Get them both!!

how much are both? might be worth asking them for birthday gifts :P

I think the pedals are around 25 and the plates around 45

The scuff plates are easy to fit, unless you are tempted by the £200 illuminated ones :lol:

I could be wrong, but I think you need to drill holes in your pedals to fit the aluminium pedal covers, which could be tricky!

If only Jonny!

Both are shown here at around £42 each.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/default.htm

only £14 out... :(

The scuff plates are easy to fit, unless you are tempted by the £200 illuminated ones :lol:

I could be wrong, but I think you need to drill holes in your pedals to fit the aluminium pedal covers, which could be tricky!

The official ford pedals clip on. At least thats what somebody said who has fitted them.... Think it was MarkMK

I've just realised that the Titanium doesn't give the option of fitting alloy pedals - I had specified these when I originally ordered a Zetec S

I have found the pedals no problem, are they easy to fit myself (technically challenged fellow...) or should I ask the dealer to do it?

Also, thoughts on scuff plates, should I get a set of these or not?

Yes, they are faily simple to install. You need about 5 mins to do it. You pull off the rubber over the stock pedals, then use the gripping points on the alloy pedals and place over the metal face of the main pedal. repeat for each pedal :) just make sure the rubber is fully around the metal plate before driving - i know this because i have them in my car and they look great

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club