Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clicking Relay When Starting Engine - Car Starts Fine Though

daveyboy123

Is it easy enough to get to, if it was incorrect what would be symptoms and when would they appear?

battery is top right if I remember correctly.... Symptoms appear anytime depending on if the battery has changed or not, but could be battery icon on the dash, flickering headlights at startup, prolonged startup, noisy startup.

I had suspected I needed a new battery soon as lights dimmed noticeably when turning on the heated windscreen at idle and took a while on the coldest days to spark up.

Then this happened to me since Saturday. Click click clickty click from the passenger footwell.

Read this thread this morning and replaced the battery with a Bosch S4 from Eurocarparts for £55 and all is well. Turns over instantiously and no more dimming.

The battery it replaced looked like a cheapo job from motorcraft.

Thank you forum!

Glad to see we could help, def not what you want especially on these cold mornings. I was lucky nine eventually died at my house.

Yes, this thread kicked my !Removed! into gear. I do a 1000 miles a week roughly, mostly motorway. I had a few days of stop start town driving and that's when it became apparent.

When they're looked after these cars are very reliable I must say!

I have EXACTLY a same symptoms however the battery is 500 miles new.

Cold morning - start car - front heated screen on, then... Clicking starts until heated screen turns off. Clicking stops...

Not a problem just !Removed! annoying! Car hasn't skipped a beat, just !Removed! clicking upon first start.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I have EXACTLY a same symptoms however the battery is 500 miles new.

Cold morning - start car - front heated screen on, then... Clicking starts until heated screen turns off. Clicking stops...

Not a problem just !Removed! annoying! Car hasn't skipped a beat, just !Removed! clicking upon first start.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Is it a calcium type battery?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club