Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav Unit Upgrade

Dave_TDCI

no, they are both identical inside, by spec I mean, what may be different is the software and its build quality.

I still think its a bit of a lottery on eBay, I know ive said it before but eonon are worth considering.

my replacement unit has been perfect

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/Ford/D5162.html

So it's like anything really, one manufacturer is just charging more than the other, same product essentially.

To be honest Eonon is the one I'm leaning towards. I've heard of them before and you seem to be very satisfied with your unit.

Also they have 20% off that current model for the Focus which means it's also working out one of the cheapest.

Did you buy direct from the website yeah?

And did you fit DAB to yours?

• Like 1

yeah I got it direct from them, there after sales service doesn't cover eBay items because, so they say, there are so many dodgy copies of it which I guess makes sense!

More than likely they are the same although ive seen some really shoddy units on eBay too, when you look at the backs of them

• Like 1

It's been commented on at various times that some sellers bump up the price significantly when the item is out of stock, saves them paying for re-listing fees.

I got one from china for £130 new delivered weirdly crashes when playing music from sd and using satnav at the same time only happened a few times after being on for over an hour doubt the erisin etc do the same....also find the touchscreen fiddly/sensitive/unsensitive all at the same time looks the same though :angry:

yeah I got it direct from them, there after sales service doesn't cover ebay items because, so they say, there are so many dodgy copies of it which I guess makes sense!

More than likely they are the same although ive seen some really shoddy units on ebay too, when you look at the backs of them

I can see why they don't cover eBay items, there's bound to be a few copies of their headunit claiming to be the real thing. I've been looking the past few days on the net and I have come across over 20 manufacturers making versions of that unit, there's probably another load that I haven't come across. Buying direct from Eonon sounds the safest bet.

Is your unit fast to load?

It's been commented on at various times that some sellers bump up the price significantly when the item is out of stock, saves them paying for re-listing fees.

Would explain the difference in price if that's the case. Some seem to be twice or three times the price of others and the spec usually seems pretty much the same

I got one from china for £130 new delivered weirdly crashes when playing music from sd and using satnav at the same time only happened a few times after being on for over an hour doubt the erisin etc do the same....also find the touchscreen fiddly/sensitive/unsensitive all at the same time looks the same though :angry:

Do you mind me asking what's the brand you bought? Would be no harm make others aware of it if you haven't been too satisfied with it yourself unfortunately

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I don't think eonon are the genuine real deal original creators, but with a branded device you can expect some degree of consistency between their units and more importantly someone to support you in the event of things going wrong.

The replacement HU from them todate has been faultless, even the wee niggles (bar the headlight on thing) have been fixed, no dodgy radio, no random changes of audio source, CDs work fine without funny noises, knobs more solid.

I think my first HU was the last of an older design, it didn't have the DAB+ support and didn't claim to have it either, when I checked back to their website when it went wrong they had updated the spec to the one I have now and its been fine ever since. Just bad timing I guess on the first one.

I do need to find some anti reflective screen protectors, damned sun can hit it making it very hard to see some times, thankfully living in the Scotland we only have a couple of days of sun but still, its a slight annoyance

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I don't think eonon are the genuine real deal original creators, but with a branded device you can expect some degree of consistency between their units and more importantly someone to support you in the event of things going wrong.

I think Zen or Zenith were the original aftermarket headunit for the focus which retained the shape of the focus headunit but there charging around 900GBP

• Like 1

I think Zen or Zenith were the original aftermarket headunit for the focus which retained the shape of the focus headunit but there charging around 900GBP

That's crazy, they will be making about 600% mark up on that kinda pricing.

The software will likely be better, and probably the mechanical side to it, but the rest will be the same silicone and PCBs as all the other clones.

See whilst I have your attention, how much did you pay for your exhaust? I was quoted £400 for a cat back, they also reckon that the CAT would have been whacked out with the DPF

• Like 1

See whilst I have your attention, how much did you pay for your exhaust? I was quoted £400 for a cat back, they also reckon that the CAT would have been whacked out with the DPF

Mine was 400 or 450 off the shelf from Piper performance exhausts,

I got it from rude racing on eBay, they now have there own website called zensport,

They were cheaper than piper website,

Id go for piper rather than custom garage because i know piper have perfected the duplex split using wind tunnel technology resulting in equal levels of steam exiting both pipes on frosty mornings,

After all its the little things :)

IMG_20130225_111926_zpsc33b0158.jpg

You will also need an additional exhaust mount and hanger from ford costs around 25 for set:

Image230_edit_1420579594366_zpsq2ap4otx.

Image2305.jpg

Image2306_zps15bf0ddc.jpg

• Like 1

Blimey, will need to save some pennys then, theres no point doing half a job!

That place is too far to get to though, need to keep it up Ayrshire direction or id be guilt tripped into go seeing the rest of the family.

• Like 1

Blimey, will need to save some pennys then, theres no point doing half a job!That place is too far to get to though, need to keep it up Ayrshire direction or id be guilt tripped into go seeing the rest of the family.

I had it shipped over see image above looks like a headless greyhound in shrink wrap :lol:

Should be free shipping to you within the uk,

Its the best job if you plan on keeping the car for over five years because its T304 aircraft stainless steel.

Doesn't get better really.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club