Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do U Find It Hard To Wheel Spin A Ecoboost?

Magicmushroom2005

When i do it it dont spin just bogs down or slight screech, i turned the traction off, its the 100ps version. In my old 1.2 wheel spin was so easy its like the exoboost when u rev it is feels bogd down

Are you sure, you turned it off? There are two modes, 1st you press and release the button. That's Sport mode. 2nd you press and hold the button until the loading screen on your radio is fully "charged". At least that's the case with my ST, but I think it is the same with yours. I hope I could help you..

1.0 has no sport mode, only traction control off feature.

You'll know is traction control off as you get a yellow indication (I'll get a piccy)

Just feela gutless when reving but once moving very nippy

You have to really give it the beans before letting the clutch out mate. It's probably good that it won't wheel spin. Saves on new clutch / Tyres ;)

Lol susspose so, which ecoboost engine u got willy?

The 125bhp with the mountune MR165 upgrade :) Now that wheel spins if your not careful :d

Haha nice mate, just read the

Manual it says the led daylight running lights are non serviceable? Does this sound right? How much have u spent on ur car for the perfomance gains and grilles

My diesel wheelspins if you give it some so the ecoboost definitely should, though you're not going to get a ton from just 120bhp.

There's 2 types of DRLs mate. If yours is a Zetec then it's a H15 build which is replaceable.

The MR165 kit is about £1300 That's the only mod so far. Didn't do the grills this time round.

Nice what can the exoboost engine take in terms of bhp? Untill u need to start changing turbos and major components

Not too sure tbh. PumaSpeed have pushed the power up past 165. Give them a look.

Puma speed have pushed them SAFELY to 215 BHP out of the 1.0 125 engine, but that's with,

Induction kit

Hybrid turbo

Quick spool manifold

Full miltek system

And a Remap

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Strange if I turn traction control off a can wheel spin easy with standard 125 but with it on it does for about 3secs then stops to move haha

You don't actually want to give it "beans" and dump the clutch to do this,

It's best to hold the throttle just below the boost point, like 2.5k and then release the clutch and give it beans at the same time.

Makes for much better starts too, revs too high when sitting still will give you a poor start.

Tyre temp makes a difference too, cold tyres will spin more way easier than warm ones.

at 100 pounds a tyre, I would wait for the day that I need a new pair of tyres before doing this

• Like 1

Why would you want to wheel spin?

A very strange concept to me....

I've never tried to wheel spin deliberately, or do a really fast start from a standstill (scared I'll hurt the car lol). But the ST really likes to spin the wheels even when I don't intend to, if the road isn't very grippy or has been smoothed out. Sometimes it just happens when I try to pull away quickly from a junction, and the traction control doesn't really do anything to stop it. Maybe it would if I was silly and tried to do a burnout.

Puma speed have pushed them SAFELY to 215 BHP out of the 1.0 125 engine, but that's with,

Induction kit
Hybrid turbo
Quick spool manifold
Full miltek system
And a Remap

It depends what you mean by "safely". I heard that Ford didn't thing it was safe to have the MR230 kit on the ST because of the extra torque through the gearbox, which is why it's not warranty friendly. I don't know how much torque that Puma kit produces but I'm guessing a lot more than the gearbox was designed to handle.

• Like 1

at 100 pounds a tyre, I would wait for the day that I need a new pair of tyres before doing this

Where you buying yours from lol a can get Pirelli tyres for 61 each :p

Where you buying yours from lol a can get contiental for 58 n get Pirelli tyres for around 61 each :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club