Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 2011 Focus Rear Wheel Bearing

efiste2

It sounds like the rear wheel bearing on our 2011 Ti VCT Focus has gone, if you jack the car up and rotate the roadwheel, you can hear a "jangling" or a rattling. I know these bearings come in a HUB assembly nowadays, has anyone changed one, and had any difficulties, Haynes reckons its straight forward....but they usually do dont they :(

Since its the rear bearing, a noise whsilt rotating means it can only be the bearing, is that correct ?

Could it be brake pads rattling in the caliper?

that bearing is easy to do I done a few :)

Rattling is not normal for a wheel bearing, is it pads or drums on the back, if drums, remove drum and spin hub bearing on its own for a noise

its drums, should have said.............I have taken the drum of and as your rotate the hub with the wheel studs you hear a rattle,pinging, grating sound if that malkes any sense, im 100% its coming from the hub

that's bearings have you a Haynes manual they show you how to do it :)

grinding sound more like the noise then, so with drum of its just a case of unpluging the abs sensor plug, undo the 4 bolts and tap it out, easy.

Haynes is very brief, but it does seem, quite easy, but no doubt the ABS sensor will be stuck in, and or the bolts hard to get out....GREAT ADVICE Ford fans thanks very much

should get a new sensor already fitted with your new hub assy, ford or pattern part does, bolts are tightened to 110nm, so shouldnt be to dificult to undo, esp as your car not old and rusty bolts.

I unbolted the hub assembly,bought a new bearing and then took it all to a machine workshop that pushed out the old and pressed in the new bearing,cost £31.20p excluding bearing to do the job,much easier.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I unbolted the hub assembly,bought a new bearing and then took it all to a machine workshop that pushed out the old and pressed in the new bearing,cost £31.20p to do the job,much easier.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

That must have been on a mk1 or 1.5? From the mk2 onwards the rear hub comes as a sealed assembly

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club