Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glow Plug Tip Broke In Engine! 馃槶 Mk2 Focus 1.6 Tdci

Richbaker22
聽Share

Help please

Long story short...

I snapped a glowplug in the engine trying to remove it I have now got the best part of it out by using a locksmiths centering sleeve and drilling it then using a bolt extractor with a backwards thread to unscrew the glowplug from the head, my problem now it that the tip or the electrode it still in there.

I have tried long magnets and starting the engine to blow it out with the compression neither has worked I have read that removing the injector and trying to get it from there is a good idea but I cannot find any guides on how to remove the injector, I tried to remove it today only to fail and put it all back together.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Firstly I sympathize with you, this happened to me on my pickup, after trying everything & various garage visits in the end the tip/electrode blew out.

I kept spraying loads of penetrant down the hole & one day while driving up a steep hill in a high gear it flew out under compression, luckely when it blew it hit the buzz bar causing it to snap but at least it didnt damage the bonnet.

Sure someone will be along soon with some sound advice/help.

Good luck