Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6tdci Oil Cooler Woes.

hidden-agenda

Hello fellow ford owners im new to the forum but having three Fords in our household i should have joined a long time ago. I have a four year old Focus 1.6 tdci which i bought last year from a dealer. The car is excellent and was due its service which i do my self on all our cars but when i started to remove the oil filter it was as stiff as be damned right to the very end of the threads and my worst fear was confirmed when trying to thread the oil filter housing back on it just would not go in straight. I bought a new filter housing from a motor supplies company for £15 but they did warn me its not the first time they have heard of this so be prepared for the worst and again it would not thread in. I decided to buy a complete new oil cooler as i dont want any future problems but i cant get a Haynes manual locally so i need the torque settings for the mounting bolts and also is there a sequence to tightening the bolts. If any of you fellow owners can help me with this information it would be very much appreciated.

just pinch them all up evenly then finally tighten to 10 nm

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club