Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Have You Spent On Your Focus

auldreekie

Sorting through some old car reciepts mots/repairs etc minus fuel I decided to put a small excel sheet into mini car log to list every mot/repair or part that has been bought for my 13 yr old 52 plate focus ghia 1.8 tddi that I've had since new and auto total each cost. All in all over the years the total amount spent comes to almost £2750.00,

Got me wondering how much other owners of similar model who have owned the one car over a similar length of time have spent over the years but minus fuel.

I'm a OAP now and I don't really want to buy a new one if I can help it, I'd like this to last until I kick the bucket if possible :) :)

• Like 1

I've owned my 2004 TDCI for nearly six years and spent around £10,000.Dmf,turbo,timing belt,water pump,starter motor,six tyres ,whole rear suspension arms and bushes and more I can't remember.Love driving her though.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Ive had my 2010 mk2.5 focus titanium for 3yrs now & in that time spent over £4k need to exactly work out.

My old mk1.5 2.0 esp was owned fo 8yrs & spent £7.5k

Yunii

I have had mine a year and all it has had are brake pads and a smidge of coolant. Oh and a set of wipers all round, Bosch Aerotwins on the front, Champion Advantage on rear. About 80 quid. Going for a service soon which may hurt a bit more.

Sent via the 'Clacks'

GNU STP

Don't want to know or at least admit to myself or the other half how much ive spent in the year ive had it.

Two usual excuses are Prevention of problems and bits falling off that need replaced, surprised ive got away with that for so long, by rights there wouldn't be much left that's original :)

• Like 2

I'd dread to think how much I've spent on mine - have kept a fair amount of receipts over the years but never added them all up, plus I carried over some parts from my previous ST so would have to add those in too.

Fair amount of my money seems to have been spent at some place called Collins Performance :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Not a penny yet although i have been looking at some mods such as bigger alloys, Bluefin, air filter, intercooler, exhaust & Eibachs so i reckon i will start clocking up a big bill if i give in to temptation and take the plunge! service and 1st MOT are due end of July so will get those out of the way first.

Had a look at my costs, total of just over £3500 over 7 years, that's 3.5p/mile which I think is reasonable. That includes tax, MOTs, servicing and repairs - big ticket items were dpf removal and remapping, and more recently the timing belt. I do the routine servicing of oil and filters myself so that keeps the cost down a bit. When the maintenance bill starts rising above the depreciation on a new car it will be time to change it.

i dont even want to think about it..plus there's too much to list.

If my missus ever found out i'd be single again ;)

• Like 3

I use spreadsheets for all outgoings lol, got loads of them!! :D

I was amazed how much I'd spent on the Focus though. :( Owned it 9 months yesterday...and have spent £1,489.82 so far!! However, I have replaced all 4 tyres, the DPF and carried out a major service so spending should be very little over the next year or so to even it out lol.

That said I need to do the front brakes so that's another £80 or so. :lol:

well, if your doing the front ones you may as well put some discs on the rear as well :)

I would (price depending?) but I really don't like bleeding brakes. :(

i dont even want to think about it..plus there's too much to list.

If my missus ever found out i'd be single again ;)

i'd be in same boat.

Yunii

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club